barclay

Pfaff 345 sub base needed

Y The speed reducer screws with the sensing in the synchronizer.  You can use a servo motor, synchronizer and  speed reducer but not all three.  I would get rid of the speed reducer.  

glenn

On 6/15/2023 at 1:10 AM, barclay said:

How can the controller 'know' what pulleys you have on it?

My take on needle positioner:

The controller is basically factory set so when it receives a input signal of a certain time duration in milliseconds from the needle positioner that is basically monitoring the position of the hand-wheel shaft. From the position of the hand-wheel shaft the position of the needle can be determined as it goes though it's up and down cycle. From the position of the hand-wheel shaft the controller then knows the distance that the motor has rotated and where it needs to be for the needle to be in the up or down position. When you throw in a speed reducer it changes the distance the hand-wheel has traveled (rotated) in a certain time frame (msec) so the input signal back to the controller from the needle positioner now is off as compared to the factory settings. When that happens the controller assumes the hand-wheel is in certain position hence the position of the needle but in reality the hand-wheel is in another position which means the needle is also in another position.

Some people love the needle positioner and others not so much. I happen fall into the not so much group myself but that will depend on what you feel best suits your needs.

kgg