toxo

Adler 69 needle bar wrong?

I've struggled with the needle clamp screw forever. Bought two replacements from College Sewing and they were too big and college doesn't do anything smaller. On closer inspection, the needle bar seems to be wrong. The bar on my Durkopp 239 is just one piece down to the needle but the "69" has a bit on the end. Is this an aftermarket needle bar? Do I need to change it? Does the bit on the end come off? I don't mind changing the needle bar but how difficult is it?

You know how much I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

needle bar.jpg

You need to change the screw! Contact your nearest Dürkopp Adler dealer. They have this screw in stock. The 69 is still produced today, or it was the last time I checked. Anyway the machine is still supported and they have all the spare parts. It doesn't cost much. The little I can see of your needle bar looks correct to me.

Good luck! 

2 hours ago, Trox said:

You need to change the screw! Contact your nearest Dürkopp Adler dealer. They have this screw in stock. The 69 is still produced today, or it was the last time I checked. Anyway the machine is still supported and they have all the spare parts. It doesn't cost much. The little I can see of your needle bar looks correct to me.

Good luck! 

college sewing  is a big stockist for many brands and they sent the listed screws for the "69" which are too big.

Just a guess - It may have happened that they sorted screws into the wrong bin. I once ordered screws for the 29K71 paddle spring on the needle bar and received screws for the 29K72 hook spring. You never know - this happens. Since they have the screws and the needle bars too ask if they could check if their screws fit their needle bars cause you think an error could have happened while sorting the screws.

The needle bars of the Adler 67 167 69 169 and so forth should all be the same.

Edited by Constabulary

3 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Just a guess - It may have happened that they sorted screws into the wrong bin. I once ordered screws for the 29K71 paddle spring on the needle bar and received screws for the 29K72 hook spring. You never know - this happens. Since they have the screws and the needle bars too ask if they could check if their screws fit their needle bars cause you think an error could have happened while sorting the screws.

The needle bars of the Adler 67 167 69 169 and so forth should all be the same.

I did call em and asked if they had anything smaller. When they said no I thought maybe the needle bar is aftermarket. The bar on the Durkopp 239 is all one piece unlike the "69". Maybe I'll just drill it through and tap it to the size of the new screws.

As I said contact Dürkopp Adler, My Norwegian Dürkopp Adler agent will get you this screw. This is a part they have!!

5 hours ago, toxo said:

I did call em and asked if they had anything smaller. When they said no I thought maybe the needle bar is aftermarket. The bar on the Durkopp 239 is all one piece unlike the "69". Maybe I'll just drill it through and tap it to the size of the new screws.

As Constabulary says, this is a part Dürkopp Adler are obligated to have in stock.  

College is a great company, but I don't think they are a Dürkopp Adler dealer. They have some parts but not all the parts as DA are obligated to have.