SUP

What else do I need to do to preserve an old snakeskin bag?

I have an old snakeskin bag. I have applied an exotic leather conditioner on it. Is that sufficient to care for it? It is shiny and soft now but I was wondering if some other protectant would be needed. I plan to continue to use it quite often.

I have looked up the threads on snakeskins here but did not find anything about protection after conditioning. 

I just looked it up and it appears the skin is Burmese python. 

Edited by SUP

Know this post is kinda old but I just ran across it. I don't really know that much about exotics, but I've started working with snakeskin and I usually seal it with Fiebings leather balm with atom wax. I don't know if your conditioner is supposed to seal it or not, but if it does then my guess would be you're good to go! Again, I'm not that experienced with exotics, so don't take my opinion as expert, just my thoughts on it. Would love to see a pic of the bag! And maybe seeing the condition it's in will help someone else give you an opinion on protecting it.

Thank you @Fraulein. I will put up a picture of it. Should have thought of it!

Photographs of my snakeskin bag.  The conditioner I used was for exotic leathers, including snakeskin. 

snakeskin bag 1.jpg

snakeskin bag 2.jpg

Edited by SUP

Beautiful bag! I don't know a whole lot about conditioners and what they're supposed to do, so is somebody else could jump in on this topic that would be great. I just know that when I finish a snakeskin product I finish it with the leather balm to seal it up for protection. Wish I could tell you if your conditioner is accomplishing the same thing or not, but maybe this will get the conversation going to someone more knowledgeable! 

it doesn't appear to be real snake skin to me the patterns appear to regular and there are no seams between pieces. Are you sure it not just embossed leather?

Thank you. @Fraulein. I  hope so too.