Sign in to follow this  
DenseAlloy

Help with machine nomenclature

I just ordered a Cowboy CB6900 and am a bit confused on which machine it is a clone of. I want to be able to read up on it as well as purchase presser feet, feed dogs, needle plates and parts as needed.  I have searched and read all posts related to CB6900 and a few were confusing (I think it is known under different model numbers depending on location). 

Can someone help me out with what would be the best search criteria here and for parts on the web?

To clarify which machine it is it has the presser foot adjustment dial on top and it looks like a techsew 4800 (which I'm sure they are clones of something !!)

This is my first industrial machine (I have a sailrite ls1 that I like but I have reached a point where it's limitations are holding me back) so I have a ton to learn and want to read as much as I can. I know this site has a ton of knowledge but I know so little that I can't even search properly.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 hour ago, DenseAlloy said:

I have searched and read all posts related to CB6900 and a few were confusing (I think it is known under different model numbers depending on location). 

The Cowboy CB6900 is a "down under" model. In North America they are called the CB341. The machine is a clone of the older Juki LS-341 so all parts for the Juki LS-341 and maybe the Juki LS-1341 will fit. As far as items like accessories if it will fit the Juki LS- 341 or LS-1341 it will fit the Cowboy CB6900 or the CB341. If you need to check for parts or spec's the Juki LS-341 manual is the go to manual. I personally think that all the clone machines should be labelled as to what they are copied after as it would make life a lot easier in finding parts. The Techsew 4800 is a clone of the Juki LS-1342 while their 2750 is a clone of the Juki LS-341.

kgg

6 hours ago, kgg said:

The Cowboy CB6900 is a "down under" model. In North America they are called the CB341.

The Techsew 4800 is a clone of the Juki LS-1342 while their 2750 is a clone of the Juki LS-341.

kgg

Thanks so much for the reply. I truly appreciate it.

Here is a link to the machine I purchased and to my eyes it looks like the same thing as a 4800 and not a 2750 (again I'm new and techsew is my only real frame of reference.). This company is selling a cb341 and it looks different (does not have the top knob).

Any ideas or am I mistaken?

I called and spoke to Richard and we spoke for at least an hour on Friday and I made the purchase over the phone. I am going to call again tomorrow and ask about the model number confusion (Down under vs Yanks). I'm sure he covered this but I had so many numbers and options coming at me, it was like drinking from a firehose.

I'm also going to clarify I will need a lift gate as he only charged me $250 for shipping and delivery (as well as verify setup...it is indicated on the post).

If I get everything listed on this post it seems as though it is is a good deal.

https://industrialsewingmachineman.com/machines/mach.asp?dir=sewmach&brand=Cowboy&Model=CB6900&ProductType=Industrial+Straight+Stitch+Machines

Edited by DenseAlloy
I'm a jarhead and can't spell

4 hours ago, DenseAlloy said:

Here is a link to the machine I purchased and to my eyes it looks like the same thing as a 4800 and not a 2750 (again I'm new and techsew is my only real frame of reference.). This company is selling a cb341 and it looks different (does not have the top knob).

Any ideas or am I mistaken?

The CB69000 / CB341/ 2750 / 4800 are clones of the Juki LS-1340 series machine, the main difference between the 1341 and 1342 (knob on top ) are:

i) The knob on top of the LS-1342 allows you to change the vertical stroke of the presser foot and feed dog for going over thicker layers like a seam. That also regulates the speed of sewing based on the position of the knob.

ii) The nose on the LS-1342 has a smaller gauge for doing tighter corners, smaller curves on smaller items.

iii) The LS-1342 can sew 500 spm  per minute faster then the LS-1341.

All the other spec's are the same such as needle, thread and sewing thickness capacities.

Another difference is that some clones rate the max thread size to what can be used by the max size needle the machine can handle where as Juki seems to rate their machines by what size of thread it can handle in it's max sewing thickness of material.

kgg

Edited by kgg