Sign in to follow this  

"Angry Chair" seat

The owner finally told me that "Nobody would want this seat except the owner of the "Angry Chair".

Well, he's the boss but I decided to finish the seat anyway. I'll keep it as a shop sample.

They called the bike angry chair and it was featured in a magazine under that name. I've found that around here at least, few remember the bike, most remember the poster that looked exactly like this. And some remember the magazine cover. Oh yeah, and one guy remembers the model's large........pupils......right! Ha ha gotcha guy....

Feedback welcome.

Dave

sorry for that shot of the conchos....I didn't realize they were so out of focus.

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0867.JPG

post-327-1195481813_thumb.jpg

post-327-1195481829_thumb.jpg

post-327-1195481841_thumb.jpg

post-327-1195481851_thumb.jpg

Killer work as usual Dave! Yer boss is wrong. I think alota ppl would dig havin that on their scoot. If it was on a sucker punch bike anyway.

Hi Dave,

While painful, as far as looks go, you could run your seats either side up, you do great work. Was "Angry Chair" a SPS bike? If so, I would offer it to the owner. Probably get more attention than sitting around the shop.

Art

Art,

Yes, the Angry Chair was an SPS bike, but I don't know who the owner is....I did a much less fancy seat for the bike. This one would certainly look better on it.

Dave

Dave, I think that is one sweet lookin' seat. Really like all the lace you put in to one. Must be about 40'.

johnny

Dave beautiful work as usual. If the boss don't like that seat, he must have eyes that are ill'in him mighty bad. Take that man to the eye Dr. in a hurry, and whatever you do don't let him try to drive, as nobody is safe with him on the road. Again really great work and thanks for sharing with all of us that love all Bike Work. When we see the work that you, Beeza, and a lot of the other people doing Biker stuff are turning out it makes me and I'm sure a lot more fell inadaquat with our leatherworking, but it also gives us something to shoot for. When we do a piece and can look at it and say that looks as good as Dave's, or Beeza's, or ETC., then we can say that we are getting there. Billy P

Glad you finished this one -- I can't think of a better shop sample to show off your talents. :thumbsup:

As craftspeople, I know most of our best work goes to paying customers, but it doesn't hurt to have a masterpiece sitting around the shop to show folks up close what you're capable of.

Thanks for all the nice comments folks, The seat just wanted me to finish it.....ha ha I just couldn't leave it lying around the shop after all the carving and tooling work. I had to do something with it.

As far as anyone feeling inadequate, no one should feel that way. This craft isn't rocket science, it takes a lot of practice that's all. I've only been doing this for a couple of years. This year I'll probably make close to 80-90 seats. For beginners, just keep working it will come.

Dave Theobald

gotta tell ya Dave, the Boss has poor taste. Looking at the other seats he had you making, I *really* think he has poor taste.

Maybe he can manage a business, or maybe he can build a motorcycle. He should let people who can design seats handle that aspect of things, because he can't.

Great work, as always.

Amazing. I can't conceive of anyone not wanting that. It's stunning!

I don't see what the boss was fussing about. Mind you, I wouldn't need it, but I think that's obvious!

Personally, though, I would have preferred that the lacing didn't run into the design elements.

Dave, I thought the Boss and "angry chair's" owner were one in the same. I think I remember the write up in the horse saying that Jeff Cochrane built the bike for himself. But then, I guess everything has a price. Outstanding work as usual though.

John

Edited by JohnD

Hey John,

The boss I was referring to is not Jeff, the manufacturing has been moved to Arizona and most of my seats go on their production bikes. It was the production site that didn't want the seat.

You are correct, Jeff built the bike for himself.....He has probably done that a dozen times since I've known him....but they never hang around very long. His personal bikes sell very quickly....some never even make it to a show. I don't think the Angry Chair made it to any shows. Jeff does beautiful work and it is in high demand. He's currently riding a red and white (not sure of the year) shovelhead. It has the very first Jesus seat that I did on it. The seat on this bike is a copy of his tattoo and is truely a one of a kind. I won't make another, unless it is for him. You may see it in a magazine soon. I asked him for pictures of the bike and seat but he's very busy. I'll post them if he sends me anything. Meanwhile here's the seat.

Dave

IMG_0333.JPG

post-327-1195610005_thumb.jpg

Edited by David

Hi Dave,

I assume the owner you are referring to is Jeff or maybe Donny? Funny, Jeff built and owns the "Angry Chair" which I think has a Lance Oscarson seat on it. I always thought the bike was cool, but I remember it for the one thing I didn't like which was the rice rocket handlebars, unless maybe it's a drag bile. However the best thing on the bike was Nicole.

Art

The owner finally told me that "Nobody would want this seat except the owner of the "Angry Chair".

Well, he's the boss but I decided to finish the seat anyway. I'll keep it as a shop sample.

They called the bike angry chair and it was featured in a magazine under that name. I've found that around here at least, few remember the bike, most remember the poster that looked exactly like this. And some remember the magazine cover. Oh yeah, and one guy remembers the model's large........pupils......right! Ha ha gotcha guy....

Feedback welcome.

Dave

sorry for that shot of the conchos....I didn't realize they were so out of focus.

Hey Art,

Jeff built the bike and it was around the shop for maybe a couple of weeks. There used to be a pic of Jeff riding it on the old site that I thought was a terrific piece of bike art all by its self. When Jeff does a high finish show bike for himself they nearly always move very quickly. Someone sees the bike on the site and makes an offer he can't refuse. I believe the bike went west with a West Eagle stock seat on it but I am honestly not sure. I think it was a West Eagle because my seat was added to it later. The handlebars that you didn't like were clip on drag bars and really suited this super low slung beauty. I wish you all could have seen the paint on this one. It was dark red candy and looked like it was a foot thick. This was probably one of my favorite bikes.

Another stunning bike in person was one he called the little blue hot rod. I've never seen a photo that does that paint job justice. That blue paint could light a room it was so bright.

All in all I think Jeff is one of the most talented bike builders around.

Dave

Edited by David