Metalhorseman

Measurements of speed reducer box needed

Hello everyone,  Thinking of putting a boxed speed reducer on my machine .Can anyone give me a measurement of their box unit, width x height x depth that bolts under table from a point of looking at machine from the front? Pics I’ve seen motor bolts directly underneath box. I only have 6 7/8” till motor will hit cross bar on my T style legs..I believe I’ve already raised my adjusters up as far has they go without having to do more modifications.  
Thanks Wayne

2 hours ago, Metalhorseman said:

Thinking of putting a boxed speed reducer on my machine .

A couple of photo's of how your machine is setup on your table would help. If your short on space a suspended reducer pulley maybe a better solution then a box style speed reducer. With the suspended style you can install them either on top or underneath the table top.

Top speed reducerCapture.JPG

under table speed reducer.JPG

I have a drop-box reducer under the table for my post bed machine. Here are some photos, which include a ruler, showing the distance above the carpet.

2023_00001.jpg

2023_00002.jpg

2023_00003.jpg

2023_00004.jpg

2023_00005.jpg

2023_00006.jpg

2023_00007.jpg

Yea , I think if I didn’t remove k-legs I would have enough space . I need to go back to class on reducing size of pics ..I really like the T-legs with the casters I put on it ! Might have to mount reducer on top .. Another project . 

I have my new Seiko machine in living room , small house . But Juki Lu562 is out back with K-legs, I wanna put casters on that one and also put reducer on . I put servo on juki , works a lot slower , tamed that beast , great for sewing up Awnings!

Wizcrafts, I found the link that the Late Gregg had posted about swapping heavier handwheel on Juki to help bunch . I have to revive that post if I can figure how too . Found supplier in NJ who has them ,, I’m going to order one for Juki and see if it fits on Seiko before I just try changing to bigger pulley up top and even smaller at motor 45mm on Juki ,, Seiko has a 60mm on the FESM550 wanna go 40mm. If they make that small… 

Thanks guys for pictures 

4 hours ago, Metalhorseman said:

Wizcrafts, I found the link that the Late Gregg had posted about swapping heavier handwheel on Juki to help bunch . I have to revive that post if I can figure how too . Found supplier in NJ who has them ,, I’m going to order one for Juki and see if it fits on Seiko before I just try changing to bigger pulley up top and even smaller at motor 45mm on Juki ,, Seiko has a 60mm on the FESM550 wanna go 40mm. If they make that small… 

I've been buying servo motors from Bob Kovar, at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines, since 2011. All of the recent motors have a 45mm option You just have to call him and request that pulley when you order the motor and new v-belt.