shes2funky4u

Deciding on my next machine

Hey everyone,

so I’ve been sewing tack and other big projects on my cobra 4 and hand sewing my smaller projects like leather patches on hats, purses, shoes and wallets. But the demand for the smaller items has grown to where I need a smaller more versatile machine for these items. 
I’m not sure what to get but am considering a post machine. 
Can any of you give me your thoughts and recommendations? Thanks in advance. 
cheers, Marcella Rae

59 minutes ago, shes2funky4u said:

But the demand for the smaller items has grown to where I need a smaller more versatile machine for these items. 

In a post bed are you considering a roller foot or a walking foot? From the info I have seen the roller foot machines will handle up to V92 thread while the walking foot style can handle up to V138.

What size of thread are you thinking on using?

kgg

I sew on patches for about 1/3rd of my income. I use these main machines.

1. A Singer 29k71 small bobbin patcher. It has a 1" wide and deep nose and gets into the tightest spots.
  2. An Adler 30-7 big bobbin, long arm patcher. It can sew with #138 thread and has a 1.25" wide nose.
  3. A Singer 168g101 post bed walking foot machine. It can sew patches onto hats. It can also be used to make hats.
  4. A Singer 111w103 walking foot machine. Any 111 type machine is a must have for a well equipped leather shop.