Sign in to follow this  
DocHadley

RT Frazier Prototype

Hello!  I am the Granddaughter of a veterinarian in NC IA. My daughter is an equestrian - largely english but loves barrels and other western as well. I have my Grandfather's western saddle which was given to him in early 1900s to settle a debt from a customer. Thought maybe she could use it and started cleaning it up. Discovered some markings along the way such as patent pending etc that would suggest the age of the saddle is era 1880s. My Mother always said this saddle was something to take care of. Is anyone here familiar with R.T.Frazier out of Pueblo CO, as it seems as though we have a pre-patent prototype. More importantly, does anyone have any advice as to using/restoring for use an 100+ year old saddle. I don't want to ruin it. Thank you in advance for your valuable insight. God Bless. 

27 minutes ago, Burkhardt said:

See if @Northmount can move to the saddle and tack area so the saddle folks will find it.

Moved to Specialty Leatherwork > Saddles and Tack > Saddle Identification,

@DocHadley Some photos might be of some help.  Reduce photo size to about 1024 pixels in the longest dimension to meet the file size restrictions here.