Sign in to follow this  
c2369zulu

Snaps for thin leather

A magician friend asked me to make him a few coin pouch samples for his store. I have made a few samples and we have been going back and forth on details. I told him segma snaps look better on small pouches like this. Problem I am having is that the outside female setter is deforming the socket because of the thinner leather I assume. Maybe a bad setter, IDK. I think using washers will take up too much valuable space to use. Is there a better snap for this? These measure about 2” by 2.25” completed.

IMG_5553.jpeg.aba7cfec90969370ef72296c57d5c1de.jpeg

IMG_5549.jpeg

Edited by c2369zulu
Change pic

49 minutes ago, c2369zulu said:

Is there a better snap for this?

Yes. Not sure what you call them in your part of the world, but I use ' Easy Snaps' . Google that. They are  a four piece. They come in two  sizes, assorted colours etc.  and you may need a setter.   I use them on Kangaroo leather wallets , kangaroo  being a thin leather.  Might just be what you're looking for. 

HS

1 hour ago, Handstitched said:

Yes. Not sure what you call them in your part of the world, but I use ' Easy Snaps' . Google that. They are  a four piece. They come in two  sizes, assorted colours etc.  and you may need a setter.   I use them on Kangaroo leather wallets , kangaroo  being a thin leather.  Might just be what you're looking for. 

HS

Thanks, the setter set I bought for the segma snaps (line 16), said easy snap setter on it and the anvil had two cap seats. I use the larger seat. Maybe you have the next size smaller easy snap. Thanks again.