Mats

Singer 168w101

Hi!:)

Im new to the forum and also rather new to the leatherworking in general.

I have got a nice 168w101 post bed machine that I have cleaned and got it working nicely.

However it came only with 1 bobbin.. it is sensetive to have the correct bobbin due to how it sits in the shuttle etc. I have failed to source someone who sells these aftermarket.

Does anyone have a tip where I can find these bobbins? Or maybe someone on the forum have a excess amount of these laying about?

I have attached a drawing, as you can see it has flared sides and is rather tall.

part nr. according to a old pdf i looked up.  233939

plate 17253?

thank you very much

Mats Andersen, Norway

bobbin168w101.jpg

Collage Sewing in UK should have them,here's their website:Homepage | College Sewing Machine Parts Ltd (college-sewing.co.uk)

I have the same machine and use standard size G bobbins in it. These are the same bobbins as used in the Singer 111, 153, and 211 machines and many others.

It seems that the G style does not work in my machine. It is lower than the 233939 
causing the bobbin case to sit too low. It seems to be causing problems on my machine . The 168W bobbin is supposed to be 30/64's in height.
I found a listing on ebay actually, so I will let you know how it works out.  thanks anyway guys:-)

Mats