Adolphus

Juki LU 1114-4

Thanks for accepting me into the forum.

I just bought a Juki LU 1114-4 from a neighbor.  He had used it with 30 weight oil and stored it.  It looks unharmed and turns fine.  All plates open and is equipped with a 220 3 phase clutch motor supplied with a rotary phase converter which can be plugged into regular house 220.  I drained and cleaned the old oil and loaded it with Juki Oil New Defrix #1 and Ran it for a while until the new oil came out dirty, then I repeated the process.  I plan to deep clean it a little later once I know it can be used. It has automatic functions like thread cutting, slow and fast, plus a park function with the needle up or down.  All steps seem to work.  It's missing the first tensioner and the post is broken.  The thread guide on top was also missing but I was able to find one, as well as the hand lever to raise the foot for it was missing.  I have the owners manual, parts list and engineer's manual downloaded and printed.  I'm having such a good time.  It's my first industrial machine.  I've been working with an all steel gear Singer 403A doing light leather items for home use.

If anyone has a clue as to which modern machine uses the first tensioner with the Thread tension post A part number 101-24204, disks are PN B3214-047-000 Spring PN D3168-555-HOB and Tension nut PN B3216-047-000 or the part number for the assembly that contains these parts, I'd appreciate it.  Then I probably can use any similar tensioner too.

I will post some photos. Thank you!

front shot drained.jpg

As I found her.jpg

Juki should still make the parts.   Contact MJ Foley in Detroit.  They are the Master Distributor for Juki in North America.

glenn

Thanks for the pointers.  I ordered a couple of first tensioners for Jukis at Amazon pretty cheap. I'll make it work.  
MJ Foley in Detroit contact, I'm sure will come in handy!

I'm still cleaning it up.  It was really dirty.  I'm already falling in love lol.