Go2Tex:

You might have missed the part about Milt Sparks having been in business for the last 20+ years. :0) I don't know of too many holster makers that can garner that amount in a short period of time.... Of course, I have read many a claim by holster makers that they're doing just that, but it doesn't take much to determine that they're bogus claims.

20 years, eh?....hmmm..... on second thought,......

Yeah well, I wouldn't want all those employee problems anyhow. With government regulation, I figure one employee would cost me about 3 times the wages I paid him..... or more. I'd have to hire a full time book keeper, CPA and lawyer just to keep the Federales off my back.

Any wonder most small businesses fail?

20 years, eh?....hmmm..... on second thought,......

Yeah well, I wouldn't want all those employee problems anyhow. With government regulation, I figure one employee would cost me about 3 times the wages I paid him..... or more. I'd have to hire a full time book keeper, CPA and lawyer just to keep the Federales off my back.

Any wonder most small businesses fail?

Actually we've been in business for almost 40 years. Milt started the business in 1969. He was a tinkerer and craftsman, just like myself as I'm sure are most of the people on this board. I've been with the company since 1983. I bought into the business in 1990 and took over in 1995 after Milt passed away at the age of 78.

Anyway, it took a long time to get where we are today and we pretty much accomplished that by building upon our own ideas. Care to know who some of the fellas are who may have influenced some of our designs? All you need to do is read through the text on our site as we always try to give credit where credit is due.

As far as the expense of having employees? That' the single largest expense any business has I suppose. My employees all get paid around the mid 5 figure range, so they're not complaining. Workmans comp, health insurance, retirement and matching FICA all add to the pot. But there's plenty left over for me, so I'm not complaining either!

I didn't see any reason to get involved in that other thread where some of the posters seem to have a problem with my odacity for speaking out. One person commented to the effect that if you put something out there on the world wide web and you don't have a patent, it's fair game for everybody! As if that makes it ok. Patents are expensive and are easily defeated. And just because somebody can, doesn't mean that sombody should.

Course I'm sure that everybody on this site would be quite ok with it if the Chinese knocked off an idea that was the result of the ingenuity of one of the members here, right?? I wonder because it appears to be ok with some, if one american does it to another.

Just an observation.

T

T, Your right ,for me i wouldn't be ok with someone useing my ideas. But if like you said patents don't work.And i don't think going from web site to web site looking for look a likes will do much good. For my company i try to sell my name and quality of my product and service..

There are other out there that are making the same thing i do..So for me i work on my quality and try to keep steps ahead of them with new ideas..With the inter net today there is no way your going to stop someone from useing your ideas..all they have to do make something that looks like your product but changing it just a bit.. may be you could lawyer up.. but when the Chinese start making your product it won't matter much how many lawyers or patent you or i have...like i said keep ahead with good service, new ideas and quality of product and name.thats what will keep you and i ahead of the game.. my 2 cents for what its worth.. a hui ho

Hello to everyone hope ya'll are doing fine. I'm not trying to make anyone mad or upset here. But I've seen a couple of things on this site I would like to make for one there was a braided cross that I thought was cooler than heck. And the way KAW attaches his poppers on his quirts is preety cool. So if I want use those ideas do I need to contact them and get permission? If I did use those designs and somebody liked them I'd sure as heck tell them I saw them somewhere and didn't think of them myself. And by any chance I ever made anything and somebody wanted to copy it I'd be tickled pink!!! So if I ever copy anyones idea on this board I'm not trying to be disrespectful or take credit for your idea. I probaly just thought it was a neat design. Have a good evening Mike

............... And just because somebody can, doesn't mean that sombody should. ..................

Just an observation.

T

Grasshopper... old Chinese proverb say, imitation is the highest form of compliment.... or, someting like that.

Grasshopper... old Chinese proverb say, imitation is the highest form of compliment.... or, someting like that.

Since we're quoting proverbs, how about this one. Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Confucius say, or something like that. I'm done here.

Confucius also say, "By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."

Okay, this topic has run its course. Time to change the channel.

Johanna