Sign in to follow this  
EmilyRose

Identify a saddle skirt with rings behind cantle

I’m looking to purchase a saddle that is being advertised as a ranch wade saddle but has 3 breeching rings that where added on from an outfitter supply company and installed over the skirt. Are there any leather workers out there that would install such rigging on anything other than a mule saddle? Any insight is much appreciated! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/296061495141?hash=item44eea3e765:g:z90AAOSw2mllXMg0&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4AlalmmpkgQ%2BW4xmrY28NNQeborOZHPyeZwR7B5%2BIQPdS5G9%2FJpldieyfle4brhY2LNo0bbNO8CBI0Fi4WFrLhJtJ7Fe9D8siQZPcHC%2FyrFsAfBIn6vcImgXjeqD11I3ZsYO9hACsHUbsk2QWtrXG44LplUWyhme8yN7tM7cP6%2BIYf1ju4vMHxDiH6ZTHqlzdiiIUmvhx6HlouH7JgERoPtdKk%2FdBgENlUlpu%2Fb3r5LCC%2FtGSW13Bp6AxRqDTpaT6gwslrGL4lFB6978rEzuspQeFvd4dF%2FktshAAeIcaheM|tkp%3ABk9SR_LvloH_Yg

"Britchen Rings Can be just an option so that a saddle can be used (with Britchen) on a mule or 'mutton withered' horse without sliding forward. Sounds like a good idea but need to know that saddle otherwise fits before relying on Britchen. Good for a saddle that will sometimes be used as a pack saddle. Could be a good tool, along with a range of pads in using one saddle on a variety of equines.

Wanted to chime in and let you know how much I appreciated your reply. Thank you for the insight!