Lakil7

Material for Pattern Making

Hello to all, I have five rolls of a material that I use for making all my reusable templates. I am not sure what this stuff is called, maybe some kind of coating, perhaps vinyl, on a  paper backing. there are yards and yards of this stuff on the roll. I print out my patterns whether small or large, then stick the printed patterns on the back of the material and cutting along the lines. I can punch all my stitch holes through the pattern and material, and reuse the template over and over.  The material can be cut easily with a knife or scissors and the rolls are of different grades. I have one other roll,  not pictured here, which I think is the best grade, a little more stiff and thicker. The dark brown pictured is the thinnest, the others are about the same consistency. the light brown as you can see has a pattern to it and is not as smooth on the front or back but can still work.  I am offering them by the yard, probably up to 3 yards  at a time. The rolls are about 55" wide, so 1 yard will be 36" X 55"  enough to cut all your big patterns out of.  Unfortunately, they are not transparent, but work well for me. Below is a pic of the rolls and an idea of two of my templates front and back. If anyone is interested please let me know. 

Leather Template material.jpgTemplates.jpeg.f82fe6e657e4cc69b934c84dff069d56.jpeg1911081542_template1.jpeg.4578b3c0f93d80435bdfcbd6e22a8d3f.jpeg

I buy a couple yards of marine vinyl from Joann Fabric when they have a "buy one . . . get one free" sale . . . every couple months or so.

Get 72 by 45 piece . . . makes a lot of patterns.  Is about the consistency of 2/3 oz leather.

May God bless,

Dwight

I like polycarbonate/lexan for making templates/patterns. Kinda pricey stuff, but makes nice patterns that basically last forever.