Steelart999

Wanted - Small Head diameter - Chicago Screws

I'm working on a folding knife pouch and would like to locate some Chicago Screws (any design) with a head size of 3/16" (5mm) as part of the assembly.  So far, the smallest head size I can locate is 1/4" (7-8mm). 

Does anyone know of a source for ones that small? 

Are there any other aesthetically pleasing fasteners of that size?  I'd prefer an brass or antiqued brass finish.

Put em in the battery drill . . . run the edge against a rough honing stone . . . they grind down in no time.

Course that's only good if you need just a few. . . . but it works if you do.

Grab a piece of maple or cherry . . . drill your 3/16 hole in it . . . use it to test and see if you have em ground down enough.

May God bless,

Dwight

5 hours ago, Steelart999 said:

I'm working on a folding knife pouch and would like to locate some Chicago Screws (any design) with a head size of 3/16" (5mm) as part of the assembly.  So far, the smallest head size I can locate is 1/4" (7-8mm). 

Does anyone know of a source for ones that small? 

Are there any other aesthetically pleasing fasteners of that size?  I'd prefer an brass or antiqued brass finish.

Got at least one size that's pretty close.  

https://www.knifekits.com/vcom/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=chicago+screw

Dwight, I have a small lathe and thought about going down this route, but then most of the shaft diameters were close to the head diameter that I wanted . 

Thanks ChiefJason, they do have a size that I should be able to use just as Dwight noted.

I was being "lazy" and looking for something stock, but that was a bit silly of me considering all the time I put into making knives and now leather "sheaths" :rolleyes2: