Sign in to follow this  
ClayB

One more rifle sling

When I started making these, I cut out an extra one in case I screwed up. I decided to go ahead and make one more, this one without a name.

elk_demo_056__Medium_.jpg

post-12-1167200193_thumb.jpg

When I started making these, I cut out an extra one in case I screwed up. I decided to go ahead and make one more, this one without a name.

"The Sling with No Name" opens Friday at the Empire Theater, Baggs, WY ... lol ... couldn't resist that one Clay.

Johanna, is there a way to enlarge the text on the photos or change it. That font is impossible for my old eyes - even though they're now 20/20. I went to View and my largest print but it doesn't touch it. Clay the carving looks good and I appreciate you sharing, but I know not what you wrote. OK ... I'll quit whining and find something else to complain about. Again, thanks for sharing your hard work. Regards, ~Bill

Edited by Billsotx

Hi Bill,

I am lots better at carving than I am with computers. Yours isn't the only complaint about the font. When I decided to see if I could do this, my kids said I could just use the Paint program on my computer. I don't know if there is a way in that program to change the font, or the font size. I am open to suggestions from anyone more knowledgable than me as to a better program to use. I would be happy to do more tutorials like this if there is any interest so any help in making them better would be appreciated. I will be happy to redo this one too if someone tells me how to do a better job of it.

It's probably not worth the trouble to change. I no computer wizard either. In Paint when you draw in you text box it should display a tool bar that allows you to change the font type and the point size. I'd go for something sans serif, like Arial, if it were me. It's boring, I suppose, but it reads pretty easier than those busy he-ro-graphic ol' script things. Maybe during one of her breaks between cups of coffee, an afternoon beer and a couple of cigars Johanna can wave her magic wand over it ... lol! Just kiddin' Johanna. I know you're busier than a hot cat on a tin roof. I'd leave this one alone, Clay, and maybe try another font on the next one. I'm not much of a carver, but I've learned a couple things just lookin' a your pix. When I slow down in a couple of hours, I'll come back and ponder that script and learn some more.

Hi Bill,

All it took was for me to read some directions in the help file to get it figured out. I will redo the comments with a better font. Might have to wait until the weekend, but I will get it done as soon as possible.

Hi Bill,

All it took was for me to read some directions in the help file to get it figured out. I will redo the comments with a better font. Might have to wait until the weekend, but I will get it done as soon as possible.

Sssshhhhhh ... we don't want the ladies to know that men never read instructions until they get into trouble ... lol! ... I don't need a map. I'm not lost, I'm right here!