Gioia

leather reinforcement or stiffener needed.may be called "Liliane" available in Europe

Hello everyone,

I Taught handbag pattern making at FIT in NYC. Had a small factory in Queens in the 80's for about 10 years...about a dozen employees. Used to lease all my sewing machines( mostly walking foot) for 6 months with purchase option to buy after that from Berkowitz in NYC. It was a great opportunity for me to grow. I had custom feet made for my machines(Juki 563) made by Berkowitz in NYC.None of that anymore. I make alligator and Python handbags using antique purse frames. Each frame is different. One of a kind bags.I work alone, I have no one to think bag patterns through with me. I'm always trying different stiffeners . I try to make a turned bag using exotic skins. Not the easiest. I'm looking for a stiffener that I had the opportunity to work with a few years ago. At the time , the company I worked with had their bags produced in Italy. This stiffener , that came from their contractor is a white opaque ( rubberized) product. It seems to have a "brushed" surface which makes it more flexible. I have looked all over the internet to find this item. It may be called "Liliane" . It is made in "Greece" I believe. Very nice product. I don't see it being made available in the USA. Please if you can help me find this item, I will be so appreciative. I do have some very small cutoffs of the product, if you'd like to see it

Thank you

Best,

Joy Liotta Horvath

text to 2032578099