Sign in to follow this  
TwinOaks

Introduction

Hi to all,

My name is Mike. I'm new to leather working, and found this site whilst searching for info on leather. My primary interest was to make an IWB holster, which I did on my own. Then I found this site and discovered that chrome tanned leather is just about the worst choice I could have made. So I'll be unstitching that holster, and remaking in vegtan. The holster is the first thing I've ever done in leather work, and the second was a pic of a friend's Arabian:slammerpatch003.jpg:whatdoyouthink:

I find this type work very relaxing and rather satisfying so I'll probably keep doing it. I look forward to being a part of this community....and trust that I'll wear out this keyboard typing questions!!! ;)

P.S. I've been informed by my boss, er...wife, that I'll be learning to make tack for her...and her friend...and some other people she knows....

Uh-oh - looks like you better put "Learning to Make Tack" at the top of your "To Do" list! :biggrin:

That was the first thing I learned to do - a good skill! Looks like you are in for some fun times!

Welcome TwinOaks...where you from? Just wondering where they say "wilst"...can't be Texas...I think I've read it once tho, wilst in high school....

Anyway, you'll learn a lot here, salute!!

RG

Welcome Twinoaks. Glad to have you join and look forward to more pictures

I'm in LA....lower Alabama, in the Mobile area.

Hi and welcome TwinOaks to the forum, Don