Sign in to follow this  
maryleecurtis

Master Tool MT900 Multifunction Foot Press

Does anybody have experience with Weaver's Master Tool MT900 Multifunction Foot Press? I bought this new in 2018 and have never gotten it to work. Talking to someone else that bought one he also has never gotten it to work. I do have a call into Weaver to see if there was a problem with these machines. I know I should have called a long time ago but just never got around to it. 

I have a mt900 foot press from Weaver. I have set thousands of Tubular splash rivets with it. I also set line 24 snaps with it. The best thing to do is try your depth on a scrap piece of leather the same thickness as your project. I dont punch holes before I set 1/4" splash rivets and it works good. I usually will pre punch holes on 5/16" or longer rivets. It will definitely crush a line 24 snap if you dont have your depth set right. I have an adapter that I can use the dies from my little wonder press in it. The main advantage over the little wonder is you can hold your work with 2 hands. It also will allow you more room to get farther in on your work. Your tubular rivet needs to be 1/16" longer than the thickness you are riveting. It has a tension adjustment that will keep you from applying to much pressure. I hope this helps.