alpinelite

Juki 5410 breaks bobbin thread

Hi,

I was using my Juki 5410 Needle feed with Coats Epic80 Tex40 without any issues. Now I swaped to bonded nylon Coats Nylbond 60 tex45 and the bobbin thread snaps while I sew. I start normal but during the sewing there is  a noise as if the thread gets overstretched (stretching string sound) before it snaps.  Otherwise the seam formation looks fine.

The bobbin was inserted anticlockwise.

Thoughts?

Thanks

3 hours ago, alpinelite said:

Hi,

I was using my Juki 5410 Needle feed with Coats Epic80 Tex40 without any issues. Now I swaped to bonded nylon Coats Nylbond 60 tex45 and the bobbin thread snaps while I sew. I start normal but during the sewing there is  a noise as if the thread gets overstretched (stretching string sound) before it snaps.  Otherwise the seam formation looks fine.

The bobbin was inserted anticlockwise.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Even M60 is very strong. Sounds like your thread is not clear to the needle. Or the bobbin isn't seating properly.

Edited by toxo

30 minutes ago, toxo said:

Now I swaped to bonded nylon Coats Nylbond 60 tex45

My first thoughts based on you are sewing the same type of material and thickness of material previously sewn.

i) The bonded nylon thread is a touch thicker and stiffer then the polyester. Did you re-adjust the bobbin tension when you changed to the bonded nylon??? 

ii) Recheck you top thread path.

iii) Change the needle.

iv) Check to make sure there is no link / thread under the bobbin case

v) Insert a properly wound fresh bobbin that is loaded to about 80 percent capacity.

kgg

9 minutes ago, kgg said:

My first thoughts based on you are sewing the same type of material and thickness of material previously sewn.

i) The bonded nylon thread is a touch thicker and stiffer then the polyester. Did you re-adjust the bobbin tension when you changed to the bonded nylon??? 

iii) Change the needle.

v) Insert a properly wound fresh bobbin that is loaded to about 80 percent capacity.

kgg

Not my post Keith.

7 hours ago, toxo said:

Not my post Keith.

Sorry about that. I'm not sure how that happened. Damn computers.

12 hours ago, alpinelite said:

Now I swaped to bonded nylon Coats Nylbond 60 tex45 and the bobbin thread snaps while I sew.

iii) Change the needle.

v) Insert a properly wound fresh bobbin that is loaded to about 80 percent capacity.