JustinLohmann

Trouble with new industrial pattern machine

Hello,

I've been using a Sakura Stitch S888 machine for several years to sew loops at the end of bungee cord.  It is a clone of a Hightex 7273PLK.  I bought another machine from Sakura Stitch recently and it is a new model, the S889, which has been very difficult to find information on.  It is similar to the S888, but there are some key mechanical differences.  I haven't been able to get this new machine working properly from the start.  It seems likely to be a timing problem.  The manufacturer has been unable to help me at this point.  The old S888 came with a manual with adjustment information, but the new S889 only came with a parts manual.  The manufacturer did send me a manual for a different version of the S889 and it has adjustment standards information, but nothing on how to actually make the adjustments, as seen in the attached PDF.

I have been using a combination of the attached PDF, the manual for the old S888, Uwe's video on adjusting the Juki TSC-441, and using the old S888 as reference in my attempts to fix it.  I have recalibrated every adjustment that I know of.  I think the problem is that the hook rotates too far clockwise, so when the take up lever is trying to pull the thread loop up, it snags on the hook because the gap isn't below the needle hole when the hook changes direction.  Here's a video that shows what I mean:

https://youtube.com/shorts/BXRIHbKHOtU?si=eRN8UxiF6eq_sRGY 

In the attached PDF, item 3 and pic 2, it describes the "thread-off" position that seems to be the problem, though the 1.8mm reference confuses me.  I have tried changing the hook timing to make that thread-off position correct, but then the hook point is way off the mark in relation to the needle.

I know its a long shot, but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Justin

S889.pdf

It is supposed to cut the top thread every cycle?  I have no idea how this is supposed to work but, it looks like the top thread is bring hooked, then cut at about 7 oclock. 

Yup, it sure looks like there’s a burr on the hook or driver that cuts the thread. I’d remove and inspect the hook. Polish any sharp edges smooth or just replace the hook with a new one. It takes just a tiny burr to act like a cutting knife.

IMG_0478.jpeg

14 hours ago, Quade said:

It is supposed to cut the top thread every cycle?  I have no idea how this is supposed to work but, it looks like the top thread is bring hooked, then cut at about 7 oclock. 

46 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Yup, it sure looks like there’s a burr on the hook or driver that cuts the thread. I’d remove and inspect the hook. Polish any sharp edges smooth or just replace the hook with a new one. It takes just a tiny burr to act like a cutting knife.

IMG_0478.jpeg

Thank you both for responding.  Hmm, no I hadn't noticed that.  I'll check into that today or tomorrow and report back.  In the meantime, here's a video of the old S888 machine's hook working properly to compare.  Do you think it's acceptable for thread-off position on the new machine being closer to 1:00 vs 12:00 on the old machine?

On that one, the top thread got cut on the first cycle or two then the rest of them finished the stitch.   I just don't know what "right" is supposed to be. 

Comparing the cycles, the newer machine seems to turn a larger angle than the older machine. The old machine the hook seems to stop around 4 oclock, releasing the thread. On the new machine, the hook goes farther to 7 or 8.  

Edited by Quade