SUP

Learnt something new - I can dry smaller leather items with a candle warmer.

I just realized yesterday, when I inadvertently placed a couple of dyed -waiting-to-dry leather sheaths next to a candle warmer, that the heat from that candle warmer is sufficient to dry the leather. it is gentle enough to dry but not so hot that it will warp or damage the leather.

It is essentially like a hot box that people make to dry their leathers, with bulbs. This uses a bulb as well. The ones with a warming base might not work but the ones with bulbs do.

Only requirement -no fragrant candles, since leathers pick odors fast.

11 minutes ago, SUP said:

I just realized yesterday, when I inadvertently placed a couple of dyed -waiting-to-dry leather sheaths next to a candle warmer, that the heat from that candle warmer is sufficient to dry the leather. it is gentle enough to dry but not so hot that it will warp or damage the leather.

It is essentially like a hot box that people make to dry their leathers, with bulbs. This uses a bulb as well. The ones with a warming base might not work but the ones with bulbs do.

Only requirement -no fragrant candles, since leathers pick odors fast.

Maybe it's me that's doing it wrong but I've never mollycoddled my leather, mind you I've never used really delicate leather. I regularly use a hair dryer in between coats of dye etc. I've put  wet moulded stuff in the oven. I even put a big soft lump through the washing machine cos it had some mould on it. :o

Great. Next time I am in a hurry, I will remember. I don't use very delicate leathers either. 

Although, I must confess I am a bit lazy to use the hair dryer even on my hair, leave alone on my leathers! I just let everything dry naturally. Just discovered this by accident when I kept the sheaths aside to dry, and thought I would put it up here. Hopefully, some hobbyists might benefit from it.  And apparently, candle warmers are pretty popular and certainly inexpensive and easy to operate - a single switch! And temp controlled as well - H, M and L.