Well I finally bit the bullet and got a machine besides my old 29-4 patcher.

I bought a used LU563 in really good shape with table and fs550 servo for $850.

It got away from me on my first two projects with it and it’s found itself with a 45 mm pulley hanging off the servo output shaft! Much more controllable now! 
I’m glad my mother taught me about matching plaids, prints and stripes when I was growing up. When the inside pocket is opened it is a seamless translation in the stripes which I feel makes for a better looking end product. 

IMG_9870.jpeg

IMG_9878.jpeg

IMG_9881.jpeg

IMG_9880.jpeg

IMG_9879.jpeg

Nice machine. & Wow! Great looking bag. Nice work.

Yep, very nice bag indeed!:specool:

Those Juki 563's might be old machines but they have a great reputation. Good choice (just don't expect to sew holsters with it).

thanks on both accounts. 

Holsters will still be hand stitched with 207 and 346. I’ll keep looking for a class 4 but I feel with the amount of holsters I do that it is not a worthwhile investment at this time. Haven’t been doing many holsters as of late.
However, I’ve had interest in another bag I’ve been making of this same general style just done  with molle webbing on the top where the frame bars go in. 

thanks on both accounts. 

Holsters will still be hand stitched with 207 and 346. I’ll keep looking for a class 4 but I feel with the amount of holsters I do that it is not a worthwhile investment at this time. Haven’t been doing many holsters as of late.
However, I’ve had interest in another bag I’ve been making of this same general style just done  with molle webbing on the top where the frame bars go in. 

IMG_9891.png

IMG_9890.png

Well it now has a home made speed reducer and I drilled and tapped the back for a KH sewing edge guide. These two modifications should make it quite a bit more controllable.