paqman

Looking for parts for Adler 67

Hi all, i have once again acquires more sewing machines.

A Local factory is closing and they are tearing it down and they used to make chairs and seats and had lots of machines for sale.

A few months back, i bought a few Juki walking foot machines including a LU-563 and LUH-521 as well as a 47W66. I have since sold the LUH double needle machine but kept the other 2.

I talked to the owner a few days back and he made me an offer i could not refuse on the last 3 machines he had for sale, an Adler 67, Mitsubishi dy-340 and a Singer 144W (20 in long arm and huge bobbins, this thing is a beast!)

The Adler is missing some parts and i need replacements. I would really like to restore it and get it back in working order as its a really nice machine and is mostly complete. The hook was there and was rusty and stuck so i started cleaning it and got it free and started working on cleaning it up and realized the hook is just snapped off.

I can find hooks online but they are over 200$! if that's what i have to pay, fine but still, it seems steep. I am also missing the slide plate on the right side as well as a set of feet.

There are parts available, but some are harder to find like the slide plate. Hooks are pricey, feet are all over the place and seem cheaply made. I read somewhere on the forum that there is a mod to grind the foot bar to accept 111W style feet?

Where do you guys get your parts for Adler machines? There is no dealers locally, there used to be one but they closed down :(

Andre

Go to Kwok Hing in Hong Kong.   Good feet prices.    Hooks check Cerliani and Hirose.    Great aftermarket hooks.  Adler # is 068-00-181-4.   Hirose # is HAD-68.   That Hirose hook is on eBay right now for$99.99.  Grab it at that price.  I have used them for years.  Made in Japan.  Ceriiani hooks made in Italy.  Aftermarket feet are cheap for the 67 Adler.  Remember, this is the small bobbin model.  The 167 is the big bobbin model.   Aftermarket slide plates are out there as well. 

glenn

College sewing is also a good source if you donot find them in your neighbourhood 

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/parts-by-machine/durkopp-adler-parts/durkopp-adler-67-sewing-machine-parts?p=2

Thanks Everyone for the replies. Found a bunch of useful parts and im waiting for them to come in the mail.

This includes new Decals as i decided the machine is nice enough to rebuild clean and repaint as most parts are there and its not worn out besides the throat plate and feed dog.

I used some Hammer tone paint instead of the regular grey as i thought it would look really nice.

The right slide plate is missing and i cant seen to find a replacement so i made one out of plexi glass for now. I may go to the metal supermarket and find a nice piece of stainless to make a new one.

IMG_2630.thumb.jpg.d93fc1853af2045a37306fad707d1514.jpg

Make sure you under cut the back of the right throat  plate over the hook or will not be enough clearance for the thread to pass over the hook.   Ifyou can make plates, there are guys looking for them for the 67.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher

11 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

Make sure you under cut the back of the right throat  plate over the hook or will not be enough clearance for the thread to pass over the hook

Thanks! yep im waiting for the hook to get here so that i can figure out how much to gouge out... im thinking a forstner bit big enough to take off some material from the underside of the plate.

Not sure how i would do this for the stainless one yet...

Made the plate, and it looks good... Got a piece of Stainless and was able to file a nice angle on both sides and after a lot of filing, i got it to fit nice. 

Also ground the underside and it was not easy but it should work.

I also received my Decals.

Waiting for the Hook now.

IMG_2649_Small.thumb.jpg.f37d899e4431555ce5743e011a6918ed.jpg

looks nice

glenn