Sign in to follow this  
DanishMan

Adler 204-64 question

Dear Friends

I hope you are all well.

About half a year ago, I bought an Adler 204 at an auction in Denmark. It was in pretty good condition and the price was low.

It turned out, that the various motor had to be scrapped. The motor started up, but when pushing the foot pedal, the cludge did not engage.

Now I will fit a strong servo motor to the sewing machine. I like this better, though I have had to abandone the pneumatic foot lift. I will have to sort out how to make a manual presser foot lift.

One thing, that puzzles me, is the presser foot. It appears to be fixed and to have no movement at all. Is this right? 

Kind regards

Danishman

12 minutes ago, DanishMan said:

One thing, that puzzles me, is the presser foot. It appears to be fixed and to have no movement at all. Is this right? 

Yes, its a needle feed + drop feed machine. The foot does not move. When the foot bar sticks out of the casting then it cannot move ;)

Edited by Constabulary

Thank you Constabulary.

One little question more.

When the feed dog emerges it lifts the presser foot slightly. This will move the food lift bar on the back of the machine continuously.

Is this normal?

Kind regards

Danishman

Thtas the case on all machines with drop feed except the feed dog just moves back and forth w/o dropping and raising (as on certain binder machines). How much it raises depends on how high the feed dog is set. Usually the feed dog raises by the 1/2 or up to full height of the feed dog teeth.