Isaac95

Help indentifying this machine

Hello all, I have been on the look out for a cheap machine to kick start my small leather business and happened to come across this machine in my area. Unfortunately, I am unable to find any information online about this machine based on the pictures that were given. The owner claims it can sew leather (of course) but I am doubtful without knowing more. Does anyone have any information regarding this Consew/Brother Model 80? Thanks for the help!

received_3436810136574275.jpeg

received_973749544403695.jpeg

received_434253339215350.jpeg

looks lie a Singer 95 or 95K clone it for sure can sew some garment leather but it is designed as a tailoring machine. So depends of what you want to sew / produce if this machine is suitable or not.

Edited by Constabulary

If it is indeed a Singer 95 clone I sewed with one of those professionally for years and it was probably the best machine I've ever used. I was mostly doing dressmaking, but I managed a wide range of materials on it, including about 5/8" thick of muslin. The only thing you may not like is it is a small machine so the distance between the needle and the side is less. 

(Note: it's been 12 years since I left that job so my memory about it could be faulty!)