Sign in to follow this  
Highvoltagehides

2 Tone Mexican Basketweave

Quite a few years back a member posted instructions on how to do a 2 tone Mexican basket weave. Photo bucket has made the image low resolution, and I can’t for the life of me read the text. I have tried various methods to make it work, but have come up empty. I was wondering if someone had the instructions that would be willing to post them. 

11 hours ago, Highvoltagehides said:

I was wondering if someone had the instructions that would be willing to post them. 

Edited:  Managed to get far enough into PhotoBucket to download the files referred to above.  Here is the result (2 Colour Mexican Round Braid) combined into a PDF.   2 Colour Mexican Round Braid.pdf

Here are some files I have collected.

Mexican round braid.pdf

Mexican Basketweave.pdf

And a link to a Wordpress post https://s2leatherworks.wordpress.com/tag/braiding/

There is a great reference text by Bruce Grant - Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding available on Amazon and other sites.

Edge Braid 1 to 7.pdf

Edited by Northmount
Added PDF for 2 Colour Mexican Round Braid

Moved your post to Braiding.

Edited by Northmount
Removed redundant material

You sir are amazing. That is exactly what I wanted. If you’re ever in central WA, I will buy you a drink. Lol. 

I wonder what publication the instructions are from. It says at the end of the “next issue” having a different way that doesn’t go through the holes. 

Edited by Highvoltagehides

It looks like it might be the Leathercrafter and Saddlers Journal. Where in central Washington? Ellensburg here.