KSpainhour

Cheap servo parameters

I purchased a cheap 550w servo motor on amazon. The paperwork that came with it has most parameters but not some. 

Somewhere I read reference to parameter P16 but I can't find it now. I thought I read it had to do with torque at lower speeds

Anybody know what parameter 16 is?  Or have a list of parameters for this servo?

Thanks,

Keith

61XmVuiBKYL._AC_SX679_.jpg

That QR code on the side of the controller box is very likely a link to the manual. I doubt the torque is adjustable. If the parameter doesn’t exist in the manual that came with the motor, then it probably just doesn’t exist.

Press "P" and "-" simultaneously, then put numbers 2 0 1 3, as you can see video below. Then you can select P16 by pressing  "+". I'm not sure P16 is torque setting. Mine is set as 20. 1-99 can be input.

Thanks for the video. On the one I received, p16 is available in the P+ regular menu. It is set to 1000. I didn't have much time yesterday to try it, but I tried lowering it to 250 and didn't see much of a difference. I put it back to 1000 for now. The manual doesn't have it documented. There are also other parameters that are not documented in the manual. They were all set to 0. I should have more time to mess with it next week.

Keith

If they're not documented then even though you can change the numbers in the menu it probably won't do anything. Unless the parameters have been assigned a function in the controller those numbers will be inactive.

It looks like P 16 is just the speed.  When in programming p 16 is the current rpms. I can set it to another number and store it, then its the speed when I exit programming. So it looks like its just sets the current rpms. 

Every controller appears to use p-16 as different function.