SergeyF

Need help with Adler 69-373

Hello everyone I am have an issue with my Adler 69-373. I've been using this machine for many years and suddenly it started messing up hook thread. I haven't changed anything still sewing with my 30 Mara thread on top and 50 Mara thread bottom.

Checked the thread pass, all clear, replaced the needle didnt help. Checked the hook timing and set it again as in the Adlers manual - sometimes this problem happens sometimes it doesn't.

P.S I always hold my threads before starting to stitch.

Will appreciate any help with this issue.

Thank you.

20240710_155447_70 (1).jpg

The same thing happened to me a week ago on my long arm Singer walking foot machine. I dinked with this and that and couldn't figure out why the top thread was looping on the bottom of the work --- until I looked really close at the top thread path. That's when I finally noticed that the top thread was routed behind the tension disks instead of inside them!. If it can happen to me, it can happen to you. Check the thread at the tension disks.

Disclosure: I had just rethreaded the machine with a different top color. I missed the tension disks because I must have been in a hurry.

Thanks for your reply. I thought that I missed tension disc and re-threaded the machine and that didnt fix that also. I am gonna look tomorrow more thoroughly again on that.

Is the top thread going through the take-up lever? Is the bobbin thread jammed? Is the tab on the bobbin case catching the top tread? If so, maybe the latch opener needs to pull back more on the bobbin case flange.