Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsMyFirstRodeo

Templates

Found the kit on sale for less than the template, so I’m using it as the to make my own. Apparently, I’m out of card stock, so I decided I would just use it as a master. Definitely not as easy as you might think. Not difficult, but not as easy as it sounds. The  key part I found was placing grain-to-grain, and using my green tape to keep it from moving. (career cook, habits all carry over…). Pretty decent results, at least can work with it… (center left).
And before anyone gets too rankled by it, once I traced it, I pulled it off, leaving no damage or residue.

I’m not really a fan of key fobs like the original with one side flesh and the other grain, so I’m also using it to make a fold-over. 
And before anyone tries to jump on me again, I know not to use ballpoint on the grain, these were all development, not product.

Having taken the dimensions and hole punch placement, I discovered that the original is not a circular arc (far right). Although it probably designed from Sacred Geometry, I didn’t want to math any more than I had to, so went back to trying to spin it around. (This is where the tape really came in handy, actually). Again, not as easy as it first sounds… Even using a pair of awls to mark the holes and line up, it just wasn’t lining up. 
With my redneck engineering brain finally kicking in I drew a line on the belly, and a centerline on the master. Lo and Behold! (Bottom)

Any, maybe I’m doing it right, maybe I’m doing it wrong. Just teaching myself along the way. 
This Is My First Rodeo, after all…

IMG_3759.jpeg

Edited by ThisIsMyFirstRodeo
Wording of signature line