Sign in to follow this  
n00n

what is that ? singer 132k piece

hello , i m a french (sorry for my mistake of language) neewbie  in leather , for start i found a singer 132k10, your forum help me to find the manual instructions and hopefully i figured to make the good adjustement to have a correct sewing, BUT i have a piece and i really don't know what is it and the function of this , i'm pretty sure i nned to use it but for now i disassemble it and sew only with a press foot

i attach the picture of the piece , if somebody have a clue ?

ps: i'm glad to find a forum like that full of rockstar leatherman , i think i can learn a lot here

20240721_161819.jpg

It's a roller foot put this on when sewing leather for more even stitches.

On 7/23/2024 at 1:15 PM, CowboyBob said:

It's a roller foot put this on when sewing leather for more even stitches.

i don't see any difference really with or without , for more stitiches i turn the big screw on the head of the machine and le space between stichtes change . maybe i don't use it very good :x

2 hours ago, n00n said:

i don't see any difference really with or without , for more stitiches i turn the big screw on the head of the machine and le space between stichtes change . maybe i don't use it very good :x

It depends on the material some leathers are sticky & the stitch length will shorten & the flat foot will also have problems going over a seam where this will allow it to feed better.