New seats

I neglected to mention two things in my last post.

First the Padding. I use neoprene. I buy it either 1/2" or 3/4" thick. The thicker padding is what you are seeing in these posts.

Secondly, and most exciting .... to me at least.

The praying hands seat that I have shown here was on the blue Sucker Punch Bike at the EasyRiders show in Columbus, Ohio last weekend. The bike took first place in the builder's category! My first seat on an award winning bike! That bike has already been in several publications....without my seat unfortunately.

The builder is Jeff Cochran of Sucker Punch Sallys in Miamitown, Ohio. This guy is a real talent. You have to see the detail in these bikes to appreciate them fully.

Congratulations on the show win!!!

If I said that you winning a show catches me by surprise, I'd be lying through my teeth! I'm happy for you, and pleased to hear that others recognize the talent. I love to look at, and literally soak-up the creative product of an artist. You, my friend, are one of those artists.

High-Five! :cheers:

Bruce,

I just visited Jeremiah Watt's blog.....wow....what a humbling experience. EVERYONE.....EVERYONE should visit that site and then go look at their own poor offerings..... what a talent he is. That man was surely standing front and center when God was passing out the blessings of artistic talent. It is amazing how clearly a working man can put things into perspective.

Thank you for sharing his blog site with us.

Dave

Edited by David

David,

I agree--he produces some amazing stuff, and I'm always in awe of what he pulls off. I also enjoy the fact that he provides close-up, detailed photos so for the most part you can re-create, or at least visualize what he's done. The greatest benefit -- for me personally -- is not only seeing the potential of a blank piece of Hermann Oak, but several examples of finished "experiments" that leave me amazed. We tend to do our work in isolation so it's cool to see how other folks do their thing.

Some may find it intimidating, others inspirational. Great work motivates me to strive for that level, provides new ideas, and gets me off my butt and busy creating.

When, and if, you can find some time to wander through Jeremiah's blog, I'd highly recommend it. There's a lot of magic there. And the bike trip cross-country, with abundant photography, is a joy to experience. It's completely narrated along the way, and very entertaining.

If you haven't seen the bike seats at West Coast Choppers, here's a link that should bring them up: http://store.westcoastchoppers.com/catalog...FD57C3061537B64

If you ever find yourself with too much idle time on your hands, just e-mail them some pictures of your work and your phone number. Then watch your phone catch fire.

WOW, That is pretty minimal work for a truely maximum price. Machine stitched edges...nice tooling though, no criticism on that score, I wouldn't mind working for them.....ha ha that's about 2 1/2 times what I sell mine for......

Dave

...and therein lies one of many reasons I totally flipped when I saw your work. Just compare photos, and feel confident that you've "made it."

And if you ever find yourself idle (unlikely)...