Sign in to follow this  
JDswede

Husqvarna Zig Zag

56 minutes ago, JDswede said:

Anyone know if it can sew leather?

What model number? I don't know of any of the Husqvarna's as being other then domestic sewing machines not industrial or capable of sewing leather with other then the thinnest with V69 (Tkt/M40) thread.

kgg

It says Husqvarna ZigZag on the front, and a small metallic sign on the right says 20.

Dude selling it advertised it as a CL21, but said this one was stronger. Can't find anything about it online about being able to take on leather :(, only other adverts.

Another seller with identical machine also says it can do several layers deninm and leather?

Edited by JDswede

11 minutes ago, JDswede said:

Dude selling it advertised it as a CL21, but said this one was stronger.

It's a domestic sewing machine made for fabric. How thick of leather are you wanting/needing to sew?

kgg

8 minutes ago, kgg said:

It's a domestic sewing machine made for fabric. How thick of leather are you wanting/needing to sew?

kgg

Would be nice to atleast be able to sew wallets

4 minutes ago, JDswede said:

Would be nice to atleast be able to sew wallets

It would be safer to say it may do some very thin wallets occasionally. Not really the machine for the job. I would look for something like a Juki 1181n or clone at a bare minimum.

kgg

2 minutes ago, kgg said:

It would be safer to say it may do some very thin wallets occasionally. Not really the machine for the job. I would look for something like a Juki 1181n or clone at a bare minimum.

kgg

K, thanks alot. Will fry that liar then! :)

That machine family (class 19/20/21) may be some of the best domestic machines you can get, but that's all they are. They're intended for fabric and have bottom feed only. I have a few and mostly use them for jeans repair/alterations, if I had some thin(!) leather work to do I wouldn't worry about it being a problem for those machines, but that's because I already have the machines and have spent quite some time working on, fixing and adjusting them, if I was to f**k something up I can fix it again myself. I would NOT buy this or any other domestic machine with the intention of using it for leather.
Unfortunately the machines suitable for the job are harder to find and far more expensive - which is why so many try to use unsuitable machines.