DwightT

Another wallet

Hi all -

Been gone awhile dealing with life stuff.  But with the heat outside lately combined with the smoke from the wildfires all around us, my wife and I have been fairly cooped up inside for a while.  To keep from going completely stir crazy, I decided to make myself a new wallet since the one I did last year didn't quite have enough card pockets.  I took the pattern from that one and made it a little longer, then added an insert to hold my license and insurance info.  The nice part with that is that I can pull the insert out and only take that if all I need is my license and insurance.

PXL_20240805_235115716.jpg.7e406d380183cc8081899e70f2722448.jpg

PXL_20240805_235110219.jpg.74dc2c51f53d85a66157631fc79f6e5f.jpg

PXL_20240805_235054669.jpg.eb482f47c83f4058a0af3b26b72924f7.jpg

PXL_20240805_235038091.jpg.c9484dc1bb83d9debc0885f8fc6cdc63.jpg

Nicely done!  I'm awful sorry about the wildfires affecting you and your wife.  The news emphasizes how that smoke plays hell on people with asthma and those living with long Covid, but it's bad for *everyone* so I am glad you can stay indoors.  My sister got me a one-room  air purifier that I at first thought was just trendy nonsense but  it is making a huge difference for me in the office.  I am changing the filters very often, which is expensive, but I can sure feel the difference on my lungs.  I recommend getting one.

Edited by Aventurine

On 8/6/2024 at 7:23 PM, Mablung said:

I like it. That insert is a neat idea, too.

Thanks. 

15 hours ago, Aventurine said:

Nicely done!  I'm awful sorry about the wildfires affecting you and your wife.  The news emphasizes how that smoke plays hell on people with asthma and those living with long Covid, but it's bad for *everyone* so I am glad you can stay indoors.  My sister got me a one-room  air purifier that I at first thought was just trendy nonsense but  it is making a huge difference for me in the office.  I am changing the filters very often, which is expensive, but I can sure feel the difference on my lungs.  I recommend getting one.

Thanks.  We have a fairly decent air filter on the house HVAC system, so if I keep the fan running to circulate the air through it we typically aren't too bad in the house.  However the Air Quality Index hit 202 this morning, which is very unhealthy for everyone.  It may be time to run away and try to find some cleaner air.

/dwight

nice job on the wallet, have ya ever noticed that there are fewer fires when certain parties are in office, or is it just me????

Nicely Done !!!

Is the inside ostrich ?

On 8/8/2024 at 7:21 AM, DocReaper said:

nice job on the wallet, have ya ever noticed that there are fewer fires when certain parties are in office, or is it just me????

Well since fire conditions are decades in the making, I seriously doubt that it's any one administration at fault.

On 8/8/2024 at 8:15 AM, Gezzer said:

Nicely Done !!!

Is the inside ostrich ?

Thanks.  It's actually glazed pig skin.  Makes for pretty decent wallet liners.  It's kind of stiff at first, but loosens up over time.  I made a small wallet for my wife entirely out of the stuff and it's working out quite well for her.

/dwight