ClayB

Wolf puppy

I started quite a few of these pictures a couple weeks ago when it was too cold to work outside. Here is Robb's wolf puppy, ready to get painted.

Clay

leather_pictures_101__Large_.jpg

leather_pictures_102__Large_.jpg

post-12-1170044604_thumb.jpg

post-12-1170044638_thumb.jpg

Those are just wonderful. Do the Rob Barr disigns come with list of the tools? Or are they just designs and you figure out how to get the right texturing?

Regis

I started quite a few of these pictures a couple weeks ago when it was too cold to work outside. Here is Robb's wolf puppy, ready to get painted.

Clay

Those are just wonderful. Do the Rob Barr disigns come with list of the tools? Or are they just designs and you figure out how to get the right texturing?

Regis

Robb has a pattern book and some pattern packs that are just that, patterns. If you get any of the videos, you get a pattern and the video takes you step by step through the process of creating all the textures. He tells you what tools to use, what color paints you will need etc. Most of the videos do a pretty good job of walking you through the project. You can get any of his patterns or videos from Hidecrafter.com I have asked them to come up with a tool list and paint color list to go along with each video. The way they are now, you have to watch the videos first to find out what tools and paints you need, which may mean you have to order more things before you start the project. If you have a project in mind that you want to try, let me know and I can help you figure out which tools you need. I will also try to answer any questions you might have if you start one of these projects and get stuck.

Clay

Thanks Clay,

These are a bit tooo advanced for me at this time but, I will take you up on that in the future.

Regis

Last spring in a class with Jan Schoonover in Sheridan we were working on a project when a lady with her young daughter came into the class. The lady was talking to Jan while the little girl walked around the tables looking at what we were doing. She would point to each picture and say "horse". Jan thought it was pretty funny and said "well, it looks like you all pass".

I have had a couple people look at the wolf puppy project after I got it painted and call it a bear cub. Guess I failed on this one.

There were several things I didn't like about this. One that I could change was the eyes. Those blue eyes just didn't work for me so I redid them several times. Tried different shades of blue, yellow and finally settled on brown.

leather_pictures_115__Large_.jpg

post-12-1171390304_thumb.jpg

Edited by ClayB

Clay,

It is simply beautiful work. I think because it has the shorter ears and puffier snout of a pup, that it can be at "first glance" viewed as a bit of bear-like look. The paw made it clear for me right away but many may not know feet. (Those trapping years of mine in the 50's still have me looking at feet and foot prints).

Thanks for continuing to show us high quality work.

Regis

Edited by Regis

"It is simply beautiful work."

Regis took the words right outta my mouth!

We are always most critical of our own work. You've failed at nothing. I think it's stunning. I'd love to buy a nice rustic wood frame and hang that on my wall.