Regis

Artisan Toro 3000 bobbin problem

346 sews great on my 3000 if the bobbin is less than half full. With 346, that is not very much. I was filling bobbins with drill but, tried filling one again on the machine itself. Got a nice even fill better than by hand with drill. BUT, it loosens, tangles, and hangs inside the bobbin holder when sewing. Once, I've stripped enough (roughly half) it runs perfect.

What am I doing wrong??

Regis

346 sews great on my 3000 if the bobbin is less than half full. With 346, that is not very much. I was filling bobbins with drill but, tried filling one again on the machine itself. Got a nice even fill better than by hand with drill. BUT, it loosens, tangles, and hangs inside the bobbin holder when sewing. Once, I've stripped enough (roughly half) it runs perfect.

What am I doing wrong??

Regis

Regis,

Are you doing 346 top and bottom and getting good results with half a bobbin? What tyoe and thickness of leather are you stitching. I'd like to be able to do 277/277 and 346/346, and I'm wondering if the mach1/neel's5/ferdco baby bull bobbins might work better in the 3000/4000/2000/441. It's my impression that they spin a bit more freely in the larger stitchers. I've never tried this focused on this one aspect, only to see if the smaller bobbins do work in the larger machines, which they do.

All of my other experimentations earlier had been with the same size thread in fully wound bobbins.

It may not matter that much, but is your thread coming off the bobbin in a ccw fashion?

I'll be sure to report back later.

Ed

Hi Regis,

The first thing that comes to mind is that the Bobbin Case Tension Spring may be bent or otherwise damaged.

Take a look at it and let me know- I'll be happy to send you another one in the mail.

If it doesn't look damaged at all, give us a call here and we will help you find the problem.

Your TORO 3000 should sew very well with a full bobbin and we will make that happen!

1-888-838-1408

Please remember that one of the advantages of being a TORO 3000 owner is LIFETIME telephone support!

Regards

Ed,

I've used 346/346 on 2 X 7/8 and 2 x 8/9 and 2 x 7/8 plus 4/5

I have other thread (207 & 277) but, just haven't used it much on the bigger machine.

Yes thread ccw off bobbin (as viewed from outside end of bobbin)

Regis

Ed,

I've used 346/346 on 2 X 7/8 and 2 x 8/9 and 2 x 7/8 plus 4/5

I have other thread (207 & 277) but, just haven't used it much on the bigger machine.

Yes thread ccw off bobbin (as viewed from outside end of bobbin)

Regis

Regis,

About how many threads do you have showing on the primary and secondary tensioner bolts? I had about nine showing and was still having problems getting 277/277 to pull up properly. I figured that top tension was plenty tight and that the problem must lay elsewhere. This was the case with softer chrome tan as well as regular veg tan, about 5/6/7 oz in both cases.

Ed

Hi Regis,

The first thing that comes to mind is that the Bobbin Case Tension Spring may be bent or otherwise damaged.

Take a look at it and let me know- I'll be happy to send you another one in the mail.

If it doesn't look damaged at all, give us a call here and we will help you find the problem.

Your TORO 3000 should sew very well with a full bobbin and we will make that happen!

1-888-838-1408

Please remember that one of the advantages of being a TORO 3000 owner is LIFETIME telephone support!

Regards

Dave,

Steve walked me right through this and is sending me new spring. I never saw the spring and it is possible that I lost it. But, with such first class service, Steve is sending new one to me n/c.

I feel I need to plug Steve as I've called several times over the last 10-11 months and he always helps and never embarrasses me reguardless how naive my question. I really appreciate that as my sewing knowledge is weak.

He also gave me great explaination why to use 346/277 and 277/207 and 207/207 but, I won't try to re-explain.

Thanks once again.

Regis

Dave,

Steve walked me right through this and is sending me new spring. I never saw the spring and it is possible that I lost it. But, with such first class service, Steve is sending new one to me n/c.

I feel I need to plug Steve as I've called several times over the last 10-11 months and he always helps and never embarrasses me reguardless how naive my question. I really appreciate that as my sewing knowledge is weak.

He also gave me great explaination why to use 346/277 and 277/207 and 207/207 but, I won't try to re-explain.

Thanks once again.

Regis

Regis,

Are you sure you can't be tempted to "re-explain"?

ed

QUOTE: "it loosens, tangles, and hangs inside the bobbin holder when sewing. Once, I've stripped enough (roughly half) it runs perfect. "

Steve at Artisan recognized the problem immediately. It was a missing spring where the bobbin seats. I never knew it was there and "I" probably lost it without knowing/seeing sometime while changing the bobbin. He sent me the spring under waranty even though I'm the guilty one. Fixed and works perfect! I've had the Torro 3000 and could not be more pleased with the machine AND service.

Thanks guys,

Regis

Edited by Regis