Agent319

Singer 211G156 trying to get more stitch length out of her

I purchased this machine a month ago and believe I got her operational.   I feel she's timed as good as I know how using the manual.  However, the longest stitch length I can get is 6 stitches per inch.   The stitch length Eccentric is operational and moves good from largest setting to smallest setting.   The manual says I should get 5 stiches per inch out of her.   Anyone know what I'm missing as far as getting to that 5 stitch per inch on this machine?

My 211g156 gets 5 spi in both directions. Check the crank shafts connecting the feet for excessive slack. Check the feed dog for too much slack. Loose screws holding the moving parts together will cause loss of stitch length.

Thanks guys.  I'll check these things when I get home

Appreciate that.  I'll definitely refer to that manual.

I'll get back w/ you about this tomorrow.  

Got home checked for loose screws on the drive shafts and all were tight.  Looked at the reverse mechanism, which I was unaware this affected the forward stitch length.  I read the manual you supplied and followed the instructions to first loosen the screw then adjust the reverse mechanism until I got a forward 5 spi.  It worked!   

Thank you both for the help.  Greatly appreciated