BlackOrchard

Selling my Hightex (Cowboy) CB4500

Due to health issues I'm no longer able to continue with my leatherworking business so I'm selling my beloved CB4500. It's Hightex branded but identical to the Cowboy machines available in the States.

I bought it from Franklins in the UK in autumn 2019 for making dog collars. Covid hit at the worst time and that business never took off so it's only made the odd guitar strap and journal in the last 5 years. 

I've maintained it well with regular oiling in all the right places and it runs as smoothly and fault free as it did when it was delivered. I've only ever stitched 2 layers of 2.5mm veg tan at most. It has the standard speed reducer fitted so can sew at super slow speeds which is why I bought it in the first place.

If you are looking at this you're already know that these machines are absolute monsters and will stitch through just about anything. The torque is unbelievable.

It comes with removable table, drop down stitching guide, sliding roller guide, all the original tools and top oil reservoir. It also comes with at least 10 empty spools, 3 packets of various sizes of needles and a box of bonded nylon threads in various colours ranging from 20s upto 8s.

There are a few marks on the table due to clumsy old me spilling dye on the adjacent bench in my workshop and it splashing everywhere. There's a tiny chunk of paint come off the front from when I removed the stick on LED light.

The machine is located in Mirfield, West Yorkshire, UK. It's on the first floor of a building with easy access down a very wide flight of carpeted stairs. It will need the head unbolting to get it downstairs and at least 2 strong people. I got it up there with the help of my son. I've left it as is for now so it can be tested by the buyer, but it's only a 10 minute job to dismantle. Sadly I'm unable to offer any help lifting due to my health issues now. You will need a van ideally unless you want to dismantle the based and the table completely. It will all fit (just) in the back of a Zafira or similar people carrier.

I have a couple of short videos of the machine stitching which I can send if required. (I can't upload videos here as they are too large).

I'm looking for £2200 or very best offer.

Please e-mail me at blackorchardleather@hotmail.com with any enquiries and I'll give you my phone number so we can discuss viewing arrangements etc.

Thanks

Andrew

CB4500 01.jpg

CB4500 02.jpg

CB4500 03.jpg

CB4500 04.jpg

CB4500 05.jpg

CB4500 06.jpg

CB4500 07.jpg

CB4500 08.jpg

CB4500 09.jpg

CB4500 10.jpg