WriterSteven

Stryi Tools

Has anyone used Stryi tools? They look like they’re good quality tools, but you never know for sure. The company is in Ukraine, but they ship worldwide. I’ve seen them on Etsy and they have a nice website as well. For a guy like myself just starting out, I could save a little money on roundheads or skiving knives IF they are of good quality. Thanks.

I have always wanted to order something from them to try out, like the half head knife they sell. 

But I was always worried my item would get stuck in customs. 

I know… I worry about that too. I’ve only had one overseas order that never made it. It was through Etsy, so the company I ordered from refunded my money. We’ll see how this goes. I placed the order off the Styri website. They’re in the Ukraine so who knows.  I’ve been looking for a blade just like this for awhile. Terrick at Chartermade in South Africa sells a handcrafted pattern knife close to this, but it’s $249! It’s beautiful, but it’s $249… Shipped from Africa?

Off subject, but if you look up Chartermade on YouTube, he has some really good videos. His edge burnishing is different than most, but they are beautiful when he’s done.

IMG_0865.jpeg

14 minutes ago, WriterSteven said:

I know… I worry about that too. I’ve only had one overseas order that never made it. It was through Etsy, so the company I ordered from refunded my money. We’ll see how this goes. I placed the order off the Styri website. They’re in the Ukraine so who knows.  I’ve been looking for a blade just like this for awhile. Terrick at Chartermade in South Africa sells a handcrafted pattern knife close to this, but it’s $249! It’s beautiful, but it’s $249… Shipped from Africa?

Off subject, but if you look up Chartermade on YouTube, he has some really good videos. His edge burnishing is different than most, but they are beautiful when he’s done.

IMG_0865.jpeg

Thanks let us know how the order from Stryi goes. I got a couple I would buy. 

Yeah I want a couple Chartermade knives, pretty bad too. They are nice. 

2 hours ago, DieselTech said:

Thanks let us know how the order from Stryi goes. I got a couple I would buy. 

Yeah I want a couple Chartermade knives, pretty bad too. They are nice. 

I’ll post a few photos when (or should I say if) it gets here!
I see you are in Kansas. I live in Nashville now, but I grew up in Norton. Northwest corner of the state.

20 minutes ago, WriterSteven said:

I’ll post a few photos when (or should I say if) it gets here!
I see you are in Kansas. I live in Nashville now, but I grew up in Norton. Northwest corner of the state.

Cool cool. How is the Capital of Country Music treating you. Never been to Norton, I'll have to check it out. 

I got a pic of a knife I got from Maker's Leather that I enjoy using. It is a small knife, but is a Mighty cutter! Cost about $55 Made of D2 Steel. & it holds its edge great. 

php5Rg0KIPM.jpg

Edited by DieselTech

58 minutes ago, DieselTech said:

Cool cool. How is the Capital of Country Music treating you. Never been to Norton, I'll have to check it out. 

I got a pic of a knife I got from Maker's Leather that I enjoy using. It is a small knife, but is a Mighty cutter! Cost about $55 Made of D2 Steel. & it holds its edge great. 

php5Rg0KIPM.jpg

Oh wow… It almost looks like the same knife! I’ll have to check out what Makers carries.

So I ordered the parring knife in the above photo. It’s been 10 days and it still says unfulfilled. 

This is what I received four days ago…

We are contacting you to inform you that we are completing work on your order. Sorry, it took longer than expected. We had some difficulty with manufacturing materials. Once sent, we will provide you with a tracking number to track your parcel.”

I hope it’s worth the wait! 

I’ll keep you posted.