esantoro

Project bins

I need to locate some 4" or so high project bins that will allow me to stack and store eight ongoing projects. I'll look around U.S. plastics to see that they have, but does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks a bunch

Ed

Esantro, I use these.

Restaurant Bins

Esantro, I use these.

Restaurant Bins

I was thinking of those exactly but then also thought that I would like to keep the weight of the upper bins of the leather of the leather in the lower bins. If I can't find exactly what I'm looking for I will get those restaurant bins and work something out. Thanks.

Ed

They do make stands for those bins so you can stack them in, but I think they are kind of pricey. You could make your own with some angle stock and a 1X frame.

check Big Lots for storage bins. they usually have good deals on stuff like that.

My wife picked up some Rubbermaid totes kinda like that with lids at Target.

I was thinking of those exactly but then also thought that I would like to keep the weight of the upper bins of the leather of the leather in the lower bins. If I can't find exactly what I'm looking for I will get those restaurant bins and work something out. Thanks.

Ed

After twenty minutes of looking, I may just go with eight of those carlisle restaurant bins. The price is right. I can put kraft paper or cardboard on top of the leather, and stack no higher than three high, which shouldn't harm the leather underneath. I could also figure out some way to put about two inches of Styrofoam in diagonal corners to help keep the load of leather in lower bins. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I'm liking this idea.

Ed

I had something like these in mind:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/variant.a...iant%5Fid=51093

But the restaurant bins are priced right, especially for 8.

I think I may go for these ones, as the slightly larger dimensions could be helpful.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/carlisle-4...20%20%20BK.html

However, I don't really need them or want them to be 7" tall. Maybe, I'll buy a few of each.

Thanks for the help.

ed

Esantro, I use these.

Restaurant Bins

I ordered twelve of the very ones you linked to. I didn't go for the 7" deep ones because I don't need the bins to be that high, and I wanted to cut down on the stacked weight. I can use a few of those bins for scrap leather.

These are just what I needed, and all the other options seemed to be twice as expensive or more.

Thanks for the help,

Ed

They do make stands for those bins so you can stack them in, but I think they are kind of pricey. You could make your own with some angle stock and a 1X frame.

For about $70, one could easily make a stand out of the wire shelving at Home Depot and Lowes. One has just to position the shelves accordingly and be able to fit about 16 bins in it. All my wire shelves are taken up with other stuff, but it's an idea to think about.

Ed

i use recycling bins. they stack nicely, got a lid that you can open n close without unstacking. you can label with whats in them. I think they are still available at a menards or home depot.

I got the bins from the restaurant supply store. Originally, I was going to buy only three bins. Then, I decided I'd buy 12 and get the bulk price. Now they're all full and could use a few more.

Thanks,again, for the link.

Ed

Glad to help.