Raven

Hail all :)

Well, I think it's only polite to introduce myself :) so here goes

My name's Raven, changed it 7 years ago after a spiritual epiphany. I've been dabbling in a fair few crafts over the years, from woodcarving to printing to leatherwork although I am far from being an expert in any of them! I enjoy making things, learning new skills and trying to figure out how things were done in prior ages. My area of interest is the Viking Age, 600-1100CE roughly. Ihope to learn more of the styles and techniques used then, as the stuff I'm doing now is a little random :)

These are a few of the things I have made.

th_PICT0085.jpg th_PICT0084.jpg th_PICT0083.jpg

th_IMAGE_152.jpg th_IMAGE_151.jpg th_IMAGE_150.jpg

th_PICT0069.jpg th_PICT0039.jpg th_PICT0040.jpg

th_Picture023.jpg th_Picture022.jpg th_Picture021.jpg

Wassail Raven!

Welcome. Lots of nice people here, you'll like it.

Your work looks very authentic. I like the boots.

Cheers,

Karl

Hails and greetings from Sweden Raven, Hrafn in the later timeperiod you speak of but you prolly allready know this.

Good looking stuff!! Alltough great interest I've never really dabbled with trying my hand at "replicas". I've done some viking motifs from runestones and such.

This board is very nice and friendly so never hesitate to ask for help if needed.

Tom

Raven,

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of friendly folks here with lots and lots of experience. Look around and sample all the various sections of the forum and join in.

BillB.

Hello and Welcome!

Well, I think it's only polite to introduce myself :) so here goes

My name's Raven, changed it 7 years ago after a spiritual epiphany. I've been dabbling in a fair few crafts over the years, from woodcarving to printing to leatherwork although I am far from being an expert in any of them! I enjoy making things, learning new skills and trying to figure out how things were done in prior ages. My area of interest is the Viking Age, 600-1100CE roughly. Ihope to learn more of the styles and techniques used then, as the stuff I'm doing now is a little random :)

Yay! Mo' Vikings, mo' betta!

Welcome!

Welcome Raven!

Love you work bro!! Looks wonderful!

Keep the pictures coming!!

Finally found these pics of my bracers - I'll have to dig them out and get some better ones done :) I drew out the knotwork myself and tooled it very basically, just cased it and worked the lines with a pointed modelling tool before painting.

guard1.jpgguard2.jpg

Edited by Raven