Randy Cornelius

Shop Talk article

Just went out to the mailbox and got a double surprise, I got my Shop Talk and the Leathercrafters & Saddlers Journal all the same day. Johanna has a real good article about Leatherworker in there so it's worth reading. I have not gotten through both yet as I have been making some chaps but just thought I would let you all know to start looking in your mailboxes....

Randy

Cool Cant wait, Just got my LC&SJ and signed up for the FREE issue of Shop Talk, ...

The LC & SJ has an article by our very own Yaklady, Kathy Flanagan. "Through the window" where she does some fancy tooling and demonstrates how to carve wood textures. I did see a lot of outdated guild info listed in there, though. Better to use this site to find a guild contact.

Shop Talk is a magazine for leather business people, and I was tickled that Dan Preston, the publisher, decided to include a mention of us. He made an offer in another thread, in case you didn't see it, to call or email him for a complimentary copy- just tell them you heard about the offer on leatherworker.net. Shop Talk is a magazine devoted to being a resource for leatherworkers, retailers and manufacturers. They publish The Big Book every year, and it lists suppliers and contacts for everything a leatherworker could need, indexed and categorized. http://proleptic.net for more info.

Johanna

I just signed up for a free issue of Shop Talk, too. It's got to be a good magazine if they'll put Johanna in it! Maybe someday I'll get to see for myself that my article is in the LCSJ. Perhaps it's hard for it to come up this high in altitude. I never thought a magazine would be affected by such, but they always show up here last!

Kathy

Maybe the yaks read them first??

Mike

Maybe the yaks read them first??

Mike

Doggone yaks! I wondered what the the huddle was about. Now my journal has yak poo on it!

Maybe your mailman happened to be watching that day you disposed of the first Yak and he's just a little nervous about delivering your mail! He probably has to wait until he knows you are gone and wont be back anytime soon.

Maybe your mailman happened to be watching that day you disposed of the first Yak and he's just a little nervous about delivering your mail! He probably has to wait until he knows you are gone and wont be back anytime soon.

That has to be it. While I was at the stock show checking out the mean yaks that might taste good, my LCSJ magically appeared in my mail box! Guess I should leave more often.

I for one think that both articles were great to see and read. Brilliant! :thumbsup: