Fpotter

just finished

any input would be appreciated, this is number 10 the pics arnt that great.

Thanks

FPotter

photo.jpg

post-5861-1232998245_thumb.jpg

I think it looks real good. Nice lines........how do you like using that 550 ring hardware on a plate rig? I see that you put your bridles in the background just to prove that you are not really a Texan...........although I do see one low port grazer! just bustin yer chops, nice job on the saddle. JW

Holly Cow, I mean horse, that's a lot of basket weave. Looks real good! :specool:

Nice saddle. I wondered were you get your harware? I like the rivet in rings you used in your rigging. I get my hardware from Twain Harwood but he is running out of inventory and I dont think he will have anymore for awhile if ever.

That is beautiful! I can't imagine the patience it took to do that much basket weave. The stitching looks so clean. I hope to be able to make such a fine saddle someday. It is motivational and inspirational. Did you make those bosals? Is that really just number ten?!?!?

Dennis

Beautiful work. Hard to tell in the picture, but it looks like you have two rosettes at the Skirts strings. If that is right I would make a slightly larger lower rosette under the top one. The double layer makes it look just a little thick. Needs a more tapered look, or only have one rosette. But for all that wonderful.

FPotter,

great job on your saddle.. the lines are pretty good and looks like you did a good job keeing your basket stamp strait.. i realy like your horn job and hope to achive the same look on my first saddle.. if you dont mind me asking, where did you get your tree and what are its specs...

~thanks~

Jed

FPotter,

great job on your saddle.. the lines are pretty good and looks like you did a good job keeing your basket stamp strait.. i realy like your horn job and hope to achive the same look on my first saddle.. if you dont mind me asking, where did you get your tree and what are its specs...

~thanks~

Jed

thanks for the input , The tree is one of Rod and Denise Nikkel's, The hardware is Harwood. I really like the 550 rings. from a users standpoint I pesonally like the rings better than the 5053 plates. I come to this conclussion from many years in the saddle and hundreds of horses. It seems like the plates are more popular with the saddlemakers but my gear is built with my perspective as a working cowboy. ( mabey to my detrement? who knows ) I also like how the rings give me a little extra depth without cousing me to make my riggin plate line to straight down. I like to try and mirror the skirt line with my riggen plate. Just my thoughts. again thatnks for the comments. I am suprised however i havent got any more input i would really like some oppinions on my lines from the pros.

I an't no pro FPotter but I like what I see an I can tell Quality...Man you guys make me feel so Insignificant!I should live long enough to learn that craftmanship.

thanks for the input , The tree is one of Rod and Denise Nikkel's, The hardware is Harwood. I really like the 550 rings. from a users standpoint I pesonally like the rings better than the 5053 plates. I come to this conclussion from many years in the saddle and hundreds of horses. It seems like the plates are more popular with the saddlemakers but my gear is built with my perspective as a working cowboy. ( mabey to my detrement? who knows ) I also like how the rings give me a little extra depth without cousing me to make my riggin plate line to straight down. I like to try and mirror the skirt line with my riggen plate. Just my thoughts. again thatnks for the comments. I am suprised however i havent got any more input i would really like some oppinions on my lines from the pros.

Fpotter,

thanks for the reply back...

I completly agree with you stand point when it comes to the rigging.. The biggest problem i have with most peoples flat plate rigs is that they cant get there lines to look good... Its hard to put the rigging where it needs to be with out making the saddle appear heavy on the front end or out of balance... i will probley end up useing the 550 rings on my first saddle sence i tend to like the results of them better... As you have said, "the rings alow you to get alittle deeper with out causing the rigging plate line to get to strait; also alowing you to match it up with the skirt a little better and achives beter lines with out compromising its fuctionality and placment on the horse."

i appreciate you being willing to help out a young buck... great look'n saddle.

~thanks~

Jed

Hey, number 10 or number 50, I think you did a fine job. Nothing jumps out as flat out wrong. I like your skirts, (kinda like my own, heheh). If you want more critique, you need to post a few more pics. Maybe someone can find something, but I doubt it.