Sign in to follow this  
Raven

Veg tan in the UK

I'm looking for a good place to get veg tan in the UK, would have to be online as I don't currently drive due to Tourettes - I have really bad motor tics. Still, the meds will be sorted out tomorrow so I might be able to get back in the driving seat soon.

Until then though, where is a good, preferably cheap, place to buy vegtan here online? I only really know of The Identity Store and Le Prevo.

Hi Raven, If you try this site http://www.awmidgley.co.uk/ you might find what you are looking for. Had a sample of 2.8mm russet veg tan from them and it was top quality.

Raven,

I buy a lot of veg tan from LePrevo. Ask for Ben or Jez and they'll help you select what you need. Be particular and ask for what you want. If you want very clean hides say so and they will root around for you.

They do all the weights in veg tan, plus a lovely kip leather for lining and also some through-dyed veg tan in black and brown. They are pretty reasonably priced, but delivery can be a little slow. Allow a week.

Good place for buckles and fittings too. They have a section on their site for end-of-run hides and odd sizes and finishes which is always worth a look.......

If you want the very best in the UK, then J&FJ Baker and sons in Colyton is the place. Expensive, but soooooooo worth it.

Hope this helps,

Karl