Tkleather1

Here is some more new stuff

I am kind of new here, I used to log in as chinkmaker but some things changed and now I am Tkleather1. Now that I know how to resize my pictures I will post some of the other things that I was working on before my last shoulder surgery. So these are all about 5 months old or so but when I finally get my arm out of the darn sling I will post pics of my new orders and projects.

Here is a little about me, I started doing Small stuff in my house and then a friend of mine wanted me to build his girlfriend at the time a pair of rodeo chaps( the blue ones) this was my first big project and that was two or three years ago. since then things really started to go crazy for me, I built a small leather shop out in my main mechanic shop and sealed it off so it was its own mess. and since then I have made roughly 30 to 35 pairs of chaps from lots of chinks and rodeo chaps to a few pairs of armitas and shotguns. I also do alot of little things like the clipboard covers and bible covers, I do a little bit of saddle repair all mainly for my friends but a few customers in that department every now and then,I have recently been looking into goin to a saddle school as I lost my regular job ( I used to work with Dually) due to the shoulder injury. I do a little of everything except heavy tack because all I have is a small stitcher Once I get my Toro 3000 I will have a fully functional saddle shop.

So that in a nutshell is my leather life story and here are a few of my projects that I have on this computer I will not post anywhere near all of them but if you want to see something specific or if I can help anyone dont be affraid to ask and I will help however I can.

P.S feel free to tell me what you like or dont and give all input youve got either positive negative or constructive critisism, Thanks to all.

Back_of_Carols_clipboard_cover_resized.jpg

katrina_chaps_2_Resized.jpg

Kims_Clipboard_cover_resized.jpg

post-9593-1236893747_thumb.jpg

post-9593-1236893781_thumb.jpg

post-9593-1236893820_thumb.jpg

Here is a few more

Like I said in the last post I have lots of pictures so if you have an Idea of somethignbut just dont quite know what to do if I cant help I can probably help point in the right direction

ritzville_queen_chaps_2009_002_resized.jpg

Kims_Clipbord_cover_2_resized.jpg

post-9593-1236893986_thumb.jpg

post-9593-1236894027_thumb.jpg

I just read my last two posts and realized I sound pretty arrogant and that is not at all the case I jsut want to help and I know that there is lots of people more qualified than myself, so I am very sorry about that I did not mean to come off that way at all. :eusa_naughty:

I just read my last two posts and realized I sound pretty arrogant and that is not at all the case I jsut want to help and I know that there is lots of people more qualified than myself, so I am very sorry about that I did not mean to come off that way at all. :eusa_naughty:

Its all right. My first itroduction was kinda the same way. I didn't at all mean to come across arrogant like i did but folks on here are pretty forgiving.

You got some good stuff there. Its nice to see the praying cowboy on your bible cover. I have a guy that wants me to make him one so the visual helps.

Jed

It didn't come off that way to me, T. Sounds (and looks) like you've come a long way. Welcome to the forum, and look forward to seeing more of your work!

Kate

your work looks great - and you know how to focus your camera!

home run...

love the detail on that sheridan-y carved, basket, beader blade corner -

that the kind of imagery i like to see, close up and personal

thanks for sharing

If you don't mind me asking, what is your technique for staining the praying cowboy and horse darker that the rest. Do you just brush stain on it with a small paint brush. I have seen other bible covers with brands and initials with this type of finish and would really like to figure out how to do that. And by the way I really admire your work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If you don't mind me asking, what is your technique for staining the praying cowboy and horse darker that the rest. Do you just brush stain on it with a small paint brush. I have seen other bible covers with brands and initials with this type of finish and would really like to figure out how to do that. And by the way I really admire your work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Well first off thank you very much.

Well I might do things a little different than some but I dont know the praying cowboy one I put two light coats of neatsfoot oil and let it dry or close to anyway, then the backgrounds and the cowboy were dyed a medium brown feibings using a small paintbrush and alot of time and patience, then a light coat of neet lac, and then a fiebings antique stain (Icant remember wich color I used now) and once all that is dry I coat it pretty heavy with neet lac or tan kote.

That might be the same as everyone or way off I am not sure I was self taught so alot of trial and error was involved in my early projects.

TK-leather