Well hello there from sunny western Canada.

I've been doing leatherwork for a few years now as a hobby, I got started just out of high school and fell in love with it. It's really quite an amazing past time and good for stress relief too. I mean, you get to hit things with a mallet!

Up until recently, it has been just a hobby for me; just making small odds and ends for my friends and myself, but since I lost my job in december (Hurray for slave driving managers!) and have been having a hard time finding a new one (one that's not paying minimum wage to stand in front of a fryer and ruin my already bleak skin, anyways) I've started doing it as a source of income.

So far I've made $20. :D

For the past three or four years that I've been doing leather I've mostly just screwed around and figured things out on my own (Except for a period where I worked at a Tandy store and learned what all the tools are actually for!) but now that I'm trying to actually MAKE money I figured I should socialize a bit more with the leather community. Who knows what new ideas it will bring me. :D

I would post some pictures of some of my older works if I weren't terribly embarassed at the amateur workmanship I used to produce. I'll have to find a camera and take some pictures of some of the things I am actuall proud of.

Well, I've rambled on long enough. Nice to meet all of you! Let's let that creativity juice flow!

Welcome to the Forum!

You'll have a grand time here, I'm sure. Make sure you learn your way around, using search, etc, read as much as you can, but most important, get the camera situation fixed. We love pictures!

Hey there, welcome eh :0)

Where y'at?

Rob

I know I've got to get a camera ASAP. I haven't needed one up until now. Good thing I've got friend who are a lot more photographic than I am... xD

I'm from Calgary, Alberta. How's the weather over the Rockies? I hear it's pretty nice.

I think we're finally getting some springtime. :D

Hi and welcome to the board!!

Definetly the best place to hang and meet new leatherworking friends.

Tons of stuff to discover and fields of leatherwork to explore and very freindly people so don't be shy to ask questions.

Tom