Ian

Seat w/ lots of background

Had to take a break for a coffee and smoke and to get my hand uncramped from doing this background. Glad that part is done

1AAAA1SPIKE.jpg

post-6120-1237152217_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian

Very nice and clean!! I love it!!!

Now tell me plz that it won't be coloured black/black??

Tom

Edited by TomSwede

Okay, it just keeps getting better, and better from your shop!

It's real hard to get large backgrounding even, but you pulled it off. Nice job, Ian. And that letter carving...wow!

Man, I know you were pounding on that for days. Great job! It look real clean. Matt

Thanks Matt - if customers only knew how much time goes into their stuff. I don't know if I'm just slow or what, but there's about 10 hours into it so far

Very nice and clean!! I love it!!!

Tom

No Tom, he wanted black, but I'm in my antiqued tan obsession right now, so I was able to talk him out of the black

Nice job, Ian. And that letter carving...wow!

Appreciate the complement Dave. I remember a couple of years ago when someone asked if I did tooled seats and I said "hell yeah". All I had was a handful of old Tandy tools someone had given me and I didn't have a clue how to use them. I haven't added many tools to the handfull and just make do with what I have, but now I have the tooling addiction going full blast, I think I might start investing in some better stuff.

Wow. Very nice.

That is a very clean job. I am still working on getting my backgrounding that even. How will the seat top be attached? There doesn't seem to be much room for lacing or sewing. (The construction process has really become interesting to me, just because its done with leather that you have already put so much time into.)

That is a very clean job. I am still working on getting my backgrounding that even. How will the seat top be attached? There doesn't seem to be much room for lacing or sewing. (The construction process has really become interesting to me, just because its done with leather that you have already put so much time into.)

I'm going to make this one with sides and top stitch the top to the sides. Yeah, I know, more often than I'd like to admit, I spend a ton of time in getting the pieces ready for the construction part and then making some stupid mistake in the last five minutes of putting it together. The seat I finshed last week came down to being about an 1/8 inch off center when I laced it together. The customer was pleased, but all I could see was that mistake. I swear to God, I've been depressed all week over that one.

Here it is molded to fit the top - you can see the stitching groove

1aaaaspike1.jpg

post-6120-1237172741_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian

Looks great Ian! One suggestion; perhaps if you'd add just a little more background... lol.

Great work, my friend.

Beauty seat Ian. What backgrounder gives that effect? Like the pebbling a lot :0)

Rob

Edited by McJeep

Beauty seat Ian. What backgrounder gives that effect? Like the pebbling a lot :0)

Rob

Rob, that's Tandy's 294-03 and the small one that goes with it

kewl, I've seen that background on a few things here - like the effect. Tandy site doesn't list anything else as coming with it but hopefully my tandy guy will know - might not be the same in Canuckia ;0)

Gracias once again amigo :0)

Rob

Hell i would have siezed up by now. Nice job really clean.