bakercat

Help with a Singer 45k93

Hi,

I am looking for help with my Singer 45k93.

It has taken ages (about 6 years!) to actually identify it as it was sold to a friend of mine as a 16k flatbed. I then bought it from her for doing horse rug repairs and leatherwork. It has been repainted at some point and it was a struggle to read the serial number but I eventually managed. I have loaned it out to a friend for the last 3-4 years as I have been busy having babies! Now I am ready to start using it again, it is being returned broken.

I am after any information regarding my machine and any spare parts, most importantly a take up lever. I would really like to know it's history though, what this type of machine was used for, and if anybody has any manuals or paperworks for it I would be extremely grateful to have a look.

Any help .............. Please!

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

I found this site helpful for a list of singer operator manuals

www.bootmaker.com

Jimnx

Hi Catherine,

As I remember, American W 45s were left handed with roller feet. I don't know if the Kilbowie 45 singers were the same or not. Most models usually were. Could you post a picture? The serial # will help too. The manual is here:

http://parts.singerco.com/IPinstManuals/45W_49W.pdf

and the 45K here:

http://www.bootmaker.com/45Kmanual.pdf

see it they look the same.

Art

Hi,

I am looking for help with my Singer 45k93.

It has taken ages (about 6 years!) to actually identify it as it was sold to a friend of mine as a 16k flatbed. I then bought it from her for doing horse rug repairs and leatherwork. It has been repainted at some point and it was a struggle to read the serial number but I eventually managed. I have loaned it out to a friend for the last 3-4 years as I have been busy having babies! Now I am ready to start using it again, it is being returned broken.

I am after any information regarding my machine and any spare parts, most importantly a take up lever. I would really like to know it's history though, what this type of machine was used for, and if anybody has any manuals or paperworks for it I would be extremely grateful to have a look.

Any help .............. Please!

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

As I remember, American W 45s were left handed with roller feet. I don't know if the Kilbowie 45 singers were the same or not. Most models usually were. Could you post a picture? The serial # will help too. The manual is here:

http://parts.singerco.com/IPinstManuals/45W_49W.pdf

and the 45K here:

http://www.bootmaker.com/45Kmanual.pdf

see it they look the same.

Art

All the Kilbowie 45 Singers that I have seen are normal right handed machines. I am not familiar with the 45K93 other than it must be a relatively late sub-class, judging from the high number. The only other thing I can say about this sub-class is that it takes a size 214x1 needle; most other 45Ks take a 214x2 needle.

I also, would be very interested to see a picture.

Steve

All the Kilbowie 45 Singers that I have seen are normal right handed machines. I am not familiar with the 45K93 other than it must be a relatively late sub-class, judging from the high number. The only other thing I can say about this sub-class is that it takes a size 214x1 needle; most other 45Ks take a 214x2 needle.

I also, would be very interested to see a picture.

Steve

Dear Catherine

Does the 93 have the Hyphernating Presser (jump) Foot. I've owned so many different 45K's I can't recall the exact differences. From memory the 93 was the cylinder version of the 45K58. I do recall that it was a good machine that had a pause in the take-up to allow the Leather to move before taking up the Thread, so there were no missed stitches and the tension was tighter.

Parts Take-up arm) should be similar to the 45K25. A photo will confirm what is right for it.

Kindest Regards.

Jim

Here's a picture - http://www.industrialsewmachine.com/images/SingerV/45k93.JPG Drop feed with reverse, a roller presser is a very useful thing to have with this sort of machine.

Also take a look at the photos about a third of the way down this page - http://www.thehcc.org/discus/messages/4/1103.html?1237320186

The 45K56 is the cylinder bed version of the 45K58. The 45K89 has a cylinder bed, vibrating presser and reverse.

Spares are hard to come by for 45Ks, unfortunately.

You can date Singer machines by their serial numbers here - http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html

Neil

I just bought this 45k knock off...I went to this store because I knew he had the Singer but the guy talked me out of it on account of parts being almost impossible to get.

IMG_0266.jpg

Let us know what you need so we can locate the parts for you. Or make them if needed.

This site has a 45k operators manual but loads of parts manuals for different sub categories of 45k  its ISMACS International

I have just acquired a Singer 45k 68 any information on this particular type of 45k would be gratefully received.   I now have an immaculate singer 29k for sale for £495 if anyone is interested.   please send messages to dawnlock57@outlook.com and I will send you some photos

3 hours ago, redmoggy said:

I now have an immaculate singer 29k for sale for £495 if anyone is interested.   please send messages to dawnlock57@outlook.com and I will send you some photos

Suggest you post this in "Marketplace, Sewing Machines - new or refurbished like new" along with photos and full description.

Tom

10 hours ago, redmoggy said:

I have just acquired a Singer 45k 68 any information on this particular type of 45k would be gratefully received.   I now have an immaculate singer 29k for sale for £495 if anyone is interested.   please send messages to dawnlock57@outlook.com and I will send you some photos

Hi moggy, first of all could you post a picture of the 45k68. this model was for stitching soles up to 5/8" thick and came with a small needle plate and a two pronged feed dog (unless someone has changed things over??). here is the parts manual and some pictures of other machines, who know´s your´s might be i here already?? 

Edited by jimi