Sign in to follow this  
rsg3

picture test

working

Very nice indeed, I like the color as well. Here in Canada you'd get a few years in jail for such a thing.

Ken

Excellent, good color, very clean sewing, I noticed on one of the rivets the same problem I have when the stud is a bit to long. It makes that dimple, one of the books I have recommends no more than 1/16" sticking above the level of the leather. That works pretty good for me, except when I give the setter to good of a thump with the mallet.

Very nice looking leather work. The stitching is very nice, clean, and precise.

John

Jordan, thanks for the tip on the rivet dimple, i guess i can nip it off with a set of side cutters to make them a little shorter. The stitching never seems like it is quite good enough, especially on a belt. Seems like every inch or two i change my mind as to whether or not i like it. I guess it will get better in time.

Beaverslayer, i don't quite follow you on the going to jail thing, i guess you are referring to the handguns. thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Edited by rsg3

If I remember right Canada took away peoples guns, I read an artical years ago how alot of real fancy and rare weapons were destroyed, maybe just nra propaganda story I can't remember the details, I am sure a friend from the north will fill us in.

Edited by Jordan

Yes Jordan that's about right. Now you have to be VERY special to be able to own hand guns. As you said, a lot of old and very expensive guns were destroyed, because our feably government thought that the criminal eliment was going to use them in their street wars or something.

You can go to a gun club and spend a bit of money and shoot a loaner gun for an hour or so, but that's it. We still have hunting rifles, but you have to have a permit, no criminal record, and if not granfathered in, you have to take hunter training as well. It's also against the law to lend your rifle to your brother or friend for them to use while hunting.

And hand guns as concealed carry, minimum 4 years in jail.

Ken

Those are some nice pics of some great leather work! Thanks for sharing. I especially like the belts.

Nick

Hey Grunt, thanks for the nice comments. Are you stationed at FT Bliss or just live in the area?