I know this was posted years ago, but I have recently been asked to make a holster for an Astro 320 GPS. I'm pretty much a newbie, but I'm gonna give it my best shot. Not sure how much to charge. So far I've been doing a lot of gifts and work for friends, so I haven't been charging much. I know there's a forum around here about how much to charge for our work, but I can't find it at the moment.

i have been on here for a little bit just looking and tinkering. i am just wondering does ne one make a holster for a garmin astro 220?

i'm in the same boat as far as charging friends - i pretty much give everything away. if it's anything like a camera case i've made for myself, I would end up charging about 60 bucks....depending on who was buying.

I think it's pretty simple. Calculate the cost of the leather, and dyes and other materials. Double that... then add your hourly rate what ever you figure your time is worth.

Sounds like a good system, but I'm always a bit worried I'll be charging more than they want to pay and send people off to WalMart. I've given away hundreds of dollars worth of stuff, however, and that definitely has to stop.

Sounds like a good system, but I'm always a bit worried I'll be charging more than they want to pay and send people off to WalMart. I've given away hundreds of dollars worth of stuff, however, and that definitely has to stop.

LOL If they go to walmart... they will be back. I have a few acquaintances who don't want to pay my price.... but plenty of others do. I figure they will come around eventually.

There's a saying I learned when I was an Avon lady... "Some will, some won't, some are waiting."